Help with DRL harness.

I just installed a set of eBay DRLs on the wife's edge. They look just like factory ones but have turn signal function like the drive brites. I have all wires spliced except for one that requires an ACC wire that is hot with the ignition. Can any of y'all suggest which wire to use. The supplied lead is approx 1' foot long from the battery.

There are a few fuses in the under-hood fuse box that are ignition controlled. There are also a couple of empty fuse slots there that are ignition controlled. If you have a test light or multimeter it will only take a few minutes to determine which ones you can use. You can get "Tap-A-Fuse" pigtails from your local auto parts store that will allow you to piggyback a new circuit with a separate fuse onto an existing fuse in the box.

Sorry, I don't. I don't have the Edge anymore to look at and I couldn't find where I posted a slot number a couple of years ago. I know I did find an empty slot that I used to hook up my DBL lights because I wasn't happy with the instructions that recommended using an existing fuse... I just don't remember which slot.

Ā 

If you have a Harbor Freight store nearby, you can pick up a digital multimeter for about $5. Or a test light will cost about the same at most auto parts stores. Then it's a simple matter of going through the empty slots with the ignition on to find which have power then turn off the ignition and check the slots you found to see if they turned off as well.

• Like 1