Just bought 2009 Limited AWD

Tevesh

Hi Tevesh. I have a 2009 MKX and as Ol Blue Eyes used to say, "that was a very good year". Great car, great year, one of the best.

I have my tires rotated at every oil change and the seem to have worn equally all around. I don't put a lot of miles on, so I rotate every six months.

Not too many changes to the car, changed the exterior mirrors to add the small blind spot mirror glass, Weathertech floor and cargo liners, LED lights in the front oh console, radar detector harness at the interior mirror, turned on the DRL, Silverstar headlight bulbs (both low & high beams), two cargo nets (grocery shopping).

Still working on adding a backup camera into the car's nav screen on the APIM. (Have the camera, harness and nav unit connector, just haven't taken the time to do the install).

Great to have you here.

Edited by enigma-2

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice car. Some people like to through water on a nice fire. I love the way the seats hold up to wear. 180000 miles and they look like new. I have a FWD 2007 with 105,000 miles and the only repair of note is the replacing both front axles. (only one was getting noisy). This is my favorite vehicle of all times. :)

Oh yeah, Check out recalls. See if they did the gas tank recall. They are now in stock at a lot of dealers. Check to see if they have it in stock first.

Edited by PaulSchott

I have an 09 MKX with AWD. You're going to love it in the snow.

Even though there are more mechanical components involved, and the more parts involved, the AWD isn't anything to be worried about. Just have the transmission and transfer case oil changed at 60k and it should be ok.

It will take a small hit on milage, 2-3 mph, but buying a luxury car to begin with your not worrying about the cost of gas anyway.

How are the tires? Figure about a grand for new tread for decent tires on an AWD.

Nice car, love the white, looks really, really nice in the sun. Appears that it was well taken care of.

Congrats again.