New Edge owner

JP-WI

Tonight I picked up my 2014 Edge SE with Sync. I am looking forward to customizing it. My plans include adding a hitch, finding a good backup camera setup, adding Sirius, and figuring out a better method to get to the storage area around the spare tire. I am sure I will find good info and advice here.

Welcome! I also bought a 2014 Edge SE with SYNC Deep Impact Blue 2 months ago and loving it. I checked out the newest 2016 Edge and did not like the style at all, looks exactly like the Hyundai which I think is too ugly.

Edited by winboy

Welcome! I also bought a 2014 Edge SE with SYNC Deep Impact Blue 2 months ago and loving it. I checked out the newest 2016 Edge and did not like the style at all, looks exactly like the Hyundai which I think is too ugly.

Hey, Winboy..... way to make friends and influence people! Just to remind you..... you are on the Edge Forum..... which isn't likely to be folks who think the Edge is ugly. I'm just on my way to pick up our new 2016 Edge Titanium - Too Good To Be Blue - without realizing I was picking up an ugly car. Way to dampen my spirit!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Be advised that when your lease is up, you will need to turn the car back in ..... in original condition.

Any modifications will need to be reversed back to original, AT YOUR COST. And returning the exhaust system back to original will be more expensive than whatever you spend on an aftermarket system.

And, depending on the dealer and lender, your modifications may also require "other" parts needing replacment as you made may be considered as causing those to be weakened. A good example would be if you had lowered the car. This puts extreme stresses on the entire drive structure, bearings, struts, seals, etc. If the dealer wanted, he could find fault with so much more.

Check your lease papers before you change anything and remember it's up to you to return it in original condition (minus normal wear as defined in the agreement of course).

They WILL charge you for the costs to return back to original, things such as road-rash on the wheels (new wheels), scratches (body work at Ford Service dept prices), etc. Had a friend at work that took pristine care of his Explorer over a four-year lease. Parked way from other cars, etc. that sort of stuff. Had to pay over $750 when he turned it back in, for a new wheel for road rash and a few (small) scratches.