Memory package what am I doing wrong

I recently bought a 07 MKX...(demo car)....and have figured it all out except the memory package....Ive set the buttons on the door and the keys exactly as stated in the owners manual but it wont work....if I use the buttons...1 and 2 on the door it works fine....but when I push the unlock botton on the key nothing....Ive disabled the easy entry feature like it says in the book....am I missing something or is there a secret to this....appreciate any input....btw I took it to the dealer and the salesman couldnt figure it out either...said he would have to do some research and I should come back next week....thanks....

larry.....

I recently bought a 07 MKX...(demo car)....and have figured it all out except the memory package....Ive set the buttons on the door and the keys exactly as stated in the owners manual but it wont work....if I use the buttons...1 and 2 on the door it works fine....but when I push the unlock botton on the key nothing....Ive disabled the easy entry feature like it says in the book....am I missing something or is there a secret to this....appreciate any input....btw I took it to the dealer and the salesman couldnt figure it out either...said he would have to do some research and I should come back next week....thanks....

larry.....

What steps did you follow to assign the keys to each of the memory presets?

Maybe this will help.

Edge Fan

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,150

I'm having trouble setting the memory/seat feature on my new Edge. My wife uses #1 tranmitter and everything works great for her. I use #2 transmitter and the seat function works fine,but the mirror goes to a generic setting. I have to tip the mirror up when ever I use the car. I'll press "set" like it says in the maunual and within 5 secs I'll press the "lock" or "unlock" button on the transmitter,then press "2" on the set button. It will not stay there if I exit the car and lock the door,because when I unlock the door to re-entry,the mirror moves the generic seting.If I don't lock the door,the mirror won't move from the last time I set it. I hope this makes sense to someone,because I don't know what i could be doing wrong and the dealer said they couln't find anything wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lowell

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Oct 1 2007, 07:00 PM Post #2

Edge Fan

Member No.: 1,126

I THINK I may have figured this out. I was following the same directions that you were and I could get one set but not two.

I went to MyFordEdge.com and downloaded 2007 Edge owners manual to see if it gave the same directions. No they are different as shown on pages 116 & 117. These directions are a lot different!!!!

Both 1 & 2 seem to be working properly now.

Activating the memory feature.

1. Position the seat and mirrors to the desired positions.

2. Press the SET control on the driver's door panel.

3.Within 5 seconds, press the 1 or 2 control on the drivers door panel to associate with the Driver 1 or Driver 2 position.

4. Press the SET button again.

5.Within 5 seconds, press a button on the associated Intergrated Keyhead Transmitter.

6. Within 5 seconds,press the 1 or 2 control on the driver's door panel to associate with the Driver 1 or Driver 2 position.

Hope this works for you too.

Full Edit

Quick Edit

Tom Champagne

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Oct 3 2007, 06:52 PM Post #4

Edge Fan

Member No.: 1,150

Thank you very much!!! Mine is working fine now.

Lowell

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Oct 3 2007, 07:54 PM Post #5

Edge Fan

You're welcome.

larry.....

Hi Larry. :D I'm not sure what instructions you followed when you tried to program the system. Here are the instructions, copied and pasted from the online version of the 2007 MKX Owners Manual. If the suggestions given above by other forum members do not work, give them a try:

Activating the memory feature

To activate this feature:

2. Press the SET control on the

driver’s door panel.

3. Within 5 five seconds, press the

lock or unlock control on the

Integrated keyhead Transmitter and

then press the 1 or 2 control on the

driver’s door panel which you would

like to associate with the seat and

Driver 1 or Driver 2 positions.

4. Repeat this procedure for another

Integrated Keyhead Transmitter if desired.

Deactivating the memory feature

To deactivate this feature:

1. Press the SET control on the driver’s door panel.

2. Within five seconds, press the lock or unlock control on the Integrated

Keyhead Transmitter which you would like to deactivate and then press

the SET control on the driver’s door panel again.

3. Repeat this procedure for another Integrated Keyhead Transmitter if

desired.

AND

Programming a personal entry code and keypad association to

memory seats and mirrors (if equipped)

To create your own personal entry code:

1. Enter the factory set code.

2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.

3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered

within five seconds of each other.

4. To associate the entry code with a memory setting, enter a sixth digit

to indicate which driver should be set in a memory recalled by the

personal entry code:

• Pressing 1 • 2 recalls Driver 1 settings.

• Pressing 3 • 4 recalls Driver 2 settings.

• Pressing other keypad buttons or not pressing a keypad button as a

sixth digit does not set a driver and will not recall a memory setting.

Note: The factory-set code cannot be associated with a memory

setting.

5. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode

has been programmed to the module.

Tips:

• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.

• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.

• The factory set code will work even if you have set your own personal

code.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

thanks all for the suggestions.....akirby....the procedure I use is to push the set button and then the unlock botton on the key....then the number 1 or 2 on the door again.....I have a chevy with the memory system and the keys are marked plainly on the back...1 and 2...these MKX keys dont have any markings....does it matter which key is set as 1 and which one is set as 2.....I love these Forums....so much info out there.....thanks again everyody for the input......

larry......

thanks all for the suggestions.....akirby....the procedure I use is to push the set button and then the unlock botton on the key....then the number 1 or 2 on the door again.....I have a chevy with the memory system and the keys are marked plainly on the back...1 and 2...these MKX keys dont have any markings....does it matter which key is set as 1 and which one is set as 2.....I love these Forums....so much info out there.....thanks again everyody for the input......

larry......

It doesn't matter which key. Follow the instructions that bbf2530 posted and it should work. You're probably just missing a step.

• 10 months later...
It doesn't matter which key. Follow the instructions that bbf2530 posted and it should work. You're probably just missing a step.

Ford recently began to sell the Edge in Brazil, but they forgot to prepare a decent manual. I have a 2008/2009 Edge SEL which I am dumbfounded on how to set the memory seat and mirrors. Unlike the prior explanations in this string, the 2008/2009 model only has a 1 and 2 for the seats - there is no SET key. As the right-side mirror returns to a generic location (like pointing to the floor?!?) everytime I get in the car, I would like to resolve this issue.

Does anyone have any idea on how I should set the memory seat AND mirror when there is not SET button?

Thank-you in advance for your help.

mfranca

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Ford recently began to sell the Edge in Brazil, but they forgot to prepare a decent manual. I have a 2008/2009 Edge SEL which I am dumbfounded on how to set the memory seat and mirrors. Unlike the prior explanations in this string, the 2008/2009 model only has a 1 and 2 for the seats - there is no SET key. As the right-side mirror returns to a generic location (like pointing to the floor?!?) everytime I get in the car, I would like to resolve this issue.

Does anyone have any idea on how I should set the memory seat AND mirror when there is not SET button?

mfranca

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Have you tried setting everything and then holding the 1 or 2 for 3-5 seconds, like setting a radio preset?

larry......

After rereading your original post, "07 MKX...(demo car).... btw I took it to the dealer and the salesman couldnt figure it out either...said he would have to do some research and I should come back next week....thanks...."

I'm thinking the batteries may be down/defective in the keys.

Revisit your dealer and get him to fix or replace your keys.

:beerchug:

ab

mfranca

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hi mfranca. :D Just as an FYI. There is no such thing as a 2008-2009 Edge. It is either a 2008 model or a 2009 model. It is important to know what model year you have, as features can change from year to year. And in the case of the "Memory Seat Feature", it has changed in 2009. The 2009 model Edge does not have the "SET" button. The 2008 does.

After looking at the 2008 Owners Manual and the 2009 Owners Manual (they are different), it seems you have a 2009 Edge.

Here are the instructions from the Owners Manual for setting the "Memory" seats in your 2009 Edge (DJ Nap had the basics correct):

Memory seat feature (if equipped)

The Integrated Keyhead Transmitter allows you to recall the memory

seat/mirror feature.

Press to automatically move the seat/mirrors to the desired memory

position. Note: The seat will not travel to its final position if the key is

not in the ignition and the easy entry feature is enabled.

2. Press and hold either the 1 or 2

control on the driver’s door for five

seconds. (A tone will be heard after

11⁄2 seconds when the memory store

is done) continue to hold until a

second tone is heard after five

seconds.

3. Within three seconds press the control on the Integrated Keyhead

Transmitter.

4. A tone will be heard when the activation is complete.

5. Repeat this procedure for another Integrated Keyhead Transmitter if

desired.

1. Press and hold either the 1 or 2 control on the driver’s door for five

seconds. (A tone will be heard after 11⁄2 seconds when the memory store

is done) continue to hold until a second tone is heard after five seconds.

2. Within three seconds press the control on the Integrated Keyhead

Transmitter.

3. A tone will be heard when the deactivation is complete.

4. Repeat this procedure for another Integrated Keyhead Transmitter if

desired.

ALso, you can download a PDF verison (English) here: LINK: Ford Owners Manuals

Simply fill in the drop down boxes with your vehicle information and click "Submit". Then click on the link for "Owners Guide". As you will see, you can also download PDF versions of your Scheduled Maintenance Guide and Warranty Guide.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks, this worked!

Hi mfranca. :D Just as an FYI. There is no such thing as a 2008-2009 Edge. It is either a 2008 model or a 2009 model. It is important to know what model year you have, as features can change from year to year. And in the case of the "Memory Seat Feature", it has changed in 2009. The 2009 model Edge does not have the "SET" button. The 2008 does.

After looking at the 2008 Owners Manual and the 2009 Owners Manual (they are different), it seems you have a 2009 Edge.

Here are the instructions from the Owners Manual for setting the "Memory" seats in your 2009 Edge (DJ Nap had the basics correct):

Memory seat feature (if equipped)

The Integrated Keyhead Transmitter allows you to recall the memory

seat/mirror feature.

Press to automatically move the seat/mirrors to the desired memory

position. Note: The seat will not travel to its final position if the key is

not in the ignition and the easy entry feature is enabled.

2. Press and hold either the 1 or 2

control on the driver’s door for five

seconds. (A tone will be heard after

11⁄2 seconds when the memory store

is done) continue to hold until a

second tone is heard after five

seconds.

3. Within three seconds press the control on the Integrated Keyhead

Transmitter.

4. A tone will be heard when the activation is complete.

5. Repeat this procedure for another Integrated Keyhead Transmitter if

desired.

1. Press and hold either the 1 or 2 control on the driver’s door for five

seconds. (A tone will be heard after 11⁄2 seconds when the memory store

is done) continue to hold until a second tone is heard after five seconds.

2. Within three seconds press the control on the Integrated Keyhead

Transmitter.

3. A tone will be heard when the deactivation is complete.

4. Repeat this procedure for another Integrated Keyhead Transmitter if

desired.

ALso, you can download a PDF verison (English) here: LINK: Ford Owners Manuals

Simply fill in the drop down boxes with your vehicle information and click "Submit". Then click on the link for "Owners Guide". As you will see, you can also download PDF versions of your Scheduled Maintenance Guide and Warranty Guide.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug: