Weathertech floor mats

Well winter is nearly over (been in the 40's lately) and I need to clean my floor mats. Never really got them back to showroom last year, wondering what everyone else uses.

I'll be spraying them down with a gas pressure washer using a 25° tip, and std soap. Any suggestions?

Same. All purpose cleaner and a scrub brush. After they get salt, sand, etc. on them plus a lot of use, you'll lose that brand new look.

If you want, you can use some 303 Protectant spray on them to bring back some sheen...but be careful this could cause the matt to be slick.

Thanks, I decided to go a different way. Problem is, just cleaning the mats still leaves them light gray in spots, dark gray to black in others, no shine at all.

Using a chemical like ArmorAll leaves them wet and slippery. What I ended up with was black mats, very grungy, looking like brand new, dry and not slippery.

Here's what I did. First sprayed off the mats with my pressure washer 2800 psi @ 2.3 gpm) using a 25°tip. Then sprayed "Chemical Guys Nonsense Invisible Super Cleaner" on them to super clean them. I then blew the mats dry with an Echo gas blower. When fully dry I sprayed the mats (one at a time, in the shade ( with "Chemical Guy's Silk Shine Dressing". I used an applicator to work the dressing into all the crevices on the mat. Immediately afterwards I wiped the mat with a microfiber towel to remove all excess moisture. It was completely dry at this point and not slippery at all.

Like new, no blotches, like new black color, semi sheen and not slippery. Perfect.

[Edit] in driving today, noticed that shoes I'm wearing today ARE slippery in spots. Apparently I didn't get the mats wiped down completely.

Wiped them again after getting home and still slippery with these shoes (some fancy walking shoe,don't remember the name ). Looks great, like new and long lasting, but the mats may be slippery. (For me it's not a big deal, but for others, it may be).

Edited by enigma-2

I must agree, went back and wiped with towel again, and not bad now, but still w little slippery in these walkers. All things considered, will still dress in future, like the new look; and smell.

Noticed that the dirty mats had a dirt smell to them when I took them out. Never noticed that when they were in the car. Guess a year is too long to go before cleaning. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I usually just buy jugs of concentrated Simple Green. I rinse it off first, mix up a batch, pour it on and use a scrub brush to get the dirty spots. Let it sit for awhile, rinse, and repeat if you didn't get it all.

One bad winter my front mats were absolutely destroyed so I dumped a bunch of Simple Green in the bathtub, rinsed off what I could from the mats, and put them in the tub to soak. They bend a little to get them all the way in but always go back to their original form after they are out.

• Like 1