LMS tune with hard shifts?

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your input!

Ā 

I loaded the 87 performance tune last Friday, ran through a tank of 93 octane, and it was hard shifting on that tune. I loaded the 93 aggressive tune yesterday and it's continued the same hard shifting.

Ā 

How long should it take for the PCM to relearn the strategy?

The only time I can manage a hard shift with my tune is in S mode after using the paddles, otherwise all of the shifts are smooth. 93 aggressive on 93 gas over several thousand miles.

Ā 

Was never harsh until I tried paddles.

Anyone else with the LMS tune experiencing hard shifts from 1st to 2nd gear and 2nd to 3rd? The hard shifts occur in low to mid RPMs while driving under normal conditions and only in/from the gears I've mentioned above. Under full throttle or heavy acceleration, shifting is smooth as butter. I'm perplexed. :detective::shift::headscratch::shrug:

Is it the same in drive and sport mode?

• Like 1

I don't have a tune on my MKX yet but I've encountered this on my Powerstroke many times. Every time you change tunes, your TCM has to go through its relearn process. The relearn usually can take around 50-100 miles or more I believe. During the relearn period, you typically want to drive "normal" until the corrected shift strategy has settled in. So I'm not sure if you've given the tune enough time to relearn it's strategy or not but it's something to keep in mind every time you change tunes. Things may seem weird initially but after a couple hundred miles, it all magically seems to come together in my experience. I would still contact LMS and see what they have to say about it.

It was just the programmer. I talked to Jaime at LMS and he said the dyno would only get me 6-7 more HP, the tune is that close. I was skeptical. I've only had motorcycles tuned on a dyno; canned tunes for those seem to be mostly a miss. Jamie reassured me that this tune is plenty close to the results the dyno could provide.

Ā 

So far, so good, except for the clunky hard shifts...this tune has actually improved my gas mileage and eliminated the exhaust smell in the cabin on full throttle/hard acceleration. It also alleviated the rough idle on startup with the AC on.

• Like 2

I was driving around town tonight and lost all boost. I was making a left turn and there was a loud noise, it sounded like I hit something. I pulled over to check it out and everything seemed to be in order. I pulled away and tried to accelerate...NO BOOST! Under acceleration, the engine sounds like it's laboring and it's super sluggish. I put the programmer on the truck and it throws U0100 and U0101 DTC's. I'm sick to my stomach.

Ā 

My problem seems similiar to this thread -

Ā 

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17892-2015-sport-complete-loss-of-boost/

Ā 

After looking up the codes (Google) U0100 = Lost communication with ECM U0101 = Lost communication with TCM. These seem vague and general to me. Any input/clarification would be appreciated!

Did your hose pop off? Happened in my buddy's Supra, hose looked attached but was just lose enough to not hold pressure. Tightened it down and was good to go.

Yes, I suspect it did. I can't see down between the front of the airbox and the rear of the radiator to see if it's charge pipe or not.

Ā 

A hose popping off is a common event on the EB engines. This is true for "secured" hoses as well as "unsecured" ones. Once you find the culprit, if it does not have a clamp on it, make sure it is clamped down.

Wonderful. If it is the charge pipe, anyone put a worm gear hose clamp on theirs?

Ā 

I have to admit, I've lost some confidence in this truck. :(

All you have to do is detune, take off any upgraded MAP sensors and take it in to the dealer and let them fix the loose hose. That's their job.

Ā 

This is hardly a major event, though disconcerting. No reason to lose confidence. May not have happened without the tune, even. Who knows? Not to worry :)

Done and done. It was, in fact, the charge hose from the throttle body to the inter cooler that popped off. The tech said that it wasn't torqued enough from the factory. Duh...

Ā 

Ok, now to reload that 93 aggressive tune...

• Like 3