Interior Light Kit For 2008 Edge

For the interior light kit

Part Number: 8S4Z-13E700-AA- From the ford certified accessory site

There are LED'S in the cupholders. How are these LED'S waterproof So that condensation from the cold beverages in the cupholder doesnt run inside the opening and inside the console?

water plus electronic= trouble

There are LED'S in the cupholders. How are these LED'S waterproof So that condensation from the cold beverages in the cupholder doesnt run inside the opening and inside the console?

However, this is for other vehicles such as the F Series.

Heres what i found:

As most of you know by now, Ford has an ambient lighting option on most of the new 2008 models, including Mustang, F150, Focus, and Fusion.

This kit will fit ANY vehicle, not just a Ford.

Well I wanted to let everyone know that it comes as a kit that can be installed on any vehicle. It looks like it would come with a couple of LED bars, module, wiring, and all switches needed.

8S4Z-13E700-AA List $270.00 Special $225.00

Just google the part number and it should work. I think the website was total ford parts or something like that.

Heres what i found:

As most of you know by now, Ford has an ambient lighting option on most of the new 2008 models, including Mustang, F150, Focus, and Fusion.

Well I wanted to let everyone know that it comes as a kit that can be installed on any vehicle. It looks like it would come with a couple of LED bars, module, wiring, and all switches needed.

Just google the part number and it should work. I think the website was total ford parts or something like that.

Still seems quite expensive to me for light bars and LED's and switches. But maybe that is me. Thanks for the research

Solas

• 3 months later...

Anyone know if this is available for the '07?

• 4 months later...
Heres what i found:

WHAO THAT'S EXPENSIVE!!!

Why dont you try neon wire??? it's a lot cheaper and you can pretty much ACCENT anything you want. you can make a cool line that's around the cup holder or something cool like that. It comes in multiple colours, including the same colour as the dash lightning and even ultra white.

here's a link to "1" of the mane manufacturers/dealers of it. It's under $2 a foot and for 2 cup holders...you wont need more than 2 feet, probably 1 foot will do. As for the wires to connect it to the electrical system, all you're gonna need is any 14-18 guage electrical wire (which goes for like a few cents a foot).

http://www.vibelights.com/elwirebyfoot.html

I would NEVER pay $225 just to light up my cup holders...there's tons of ways to do it for a lot less.

Even the ultra bright LEDS... you know, the fake out alarm lights they sell for less than $10.00 for a pair??? even those would be a choice and still hell of a lot cheaper than doing the thing you're talking about.

Anyway, best of luck with your mod, but keep in mind... why spend so much when you can do it better and cheaper???

• 1 month later...