My 2016 Ford Edge Sport - Hardware Add Ons and Software Modificaitons

It is important to do these modifications properly. You don't just copy a line from someone else and put it in, especially its if from a different vehicle line. You have to be aware of the change which is usually only one byte. When you understand what needs to be changed you compare it to your original line and change just that one item up or down by the change that was made on what you were looking at.

Some bytes control multiple features and not just single items.

I understand that, using that spreadsheet the only things I attempted to change were values that matched 100% to my stock value and when changing it was usually one or two digits and by one number. The beauty of forscan and downloading my vehicles AS-BUILT data is I can try one line and if it works, great! If not, I have default numbers right there and go back, it also has a built in checksum calc so I don't think you could really end up doing anything too terrible.

Regardless, still good advice to heed for others who have zero idea what they are doing. You are right I would not suggest just deleting and entire line and putting random numbers in

The obd was fine as the deleting Sirius from Source list worked along with enabling Nav/text while driving. Gotta wait for wife to get home in the fusion. Scanner is in it

I'm guessing if you removed Sirius you don't use the Sirius mobile app? Am curious if the nav/text works for this app as well for things like seeing movie times etc.

Very annoying when wife is in car and she can't even use the screen to look stuff up for me while I drive.

mine always had, If I got out drivers seat and shut door with car running and fob inside the car in wifes purse, it would double honk (2nd fob is always at home). It was one very annoying issue which would lead to the passenger in the car doing everyhing so the driver didn't have to get out

I do this all the time and as long as the wife has her fob in her purse it doesn't honk. Very strange. Maybe it's not reading her fob for some reason?

I'm guessing if you removed Sirius you don't use the Sirius mobile app? Am curious if the nav/text works for this app as well for things like seeing movie times etc.

Very annoying when wife is in car and she can't even use the screen to look stuff up for me while I drive.

Sirius isn't available in Hawaii, when you enable the use of it while moving, you lose travel link

Edited by Nick Halstead

I always said I didn't need nav in car because I had a phone. Now that I have it I love it, besides as jmr said seeing gas prices on my trip route or destination, I like being able to drive a vehicle with my phone in my pocket now.

It's much safer I have completely cut out any phone interactions when driving because sync3 does it all. The nav really has helped the past few weeks at my new job when two highways I could use both closed for construction, I was able to use the large screen and without even having a route set look at map to navigate home.

I tend to not put destinations in, but do like the feeling of having a map at all times, furthermore the one off times when your in a different city and want to run to a store, very easily done without ever having to grab my phone.

Now that I have it I don't think I'd get a vehicle without it again. I do think soon enough it won't be a thing and instead it'll just be google maps through CarPlay or AA.

it always double honks when it doesn't sense someone in the drivers seat and the fob is in the car.

Heh, just wait for the 2019 model when Samantha calls you on your (linked) cell phone in the middle of the night and reminds you that the FOB is still in the car and you don't remove it in three minutes, she's going to sound the panic alarm ten times an hour for the rest of the night. (Ok, it's getting late and I need some coffee).

The wifi should still work, in the settings on forscan just switch the connection type from Bluetooth to wifi.

That is if I read what you were saying right. If it's flat out missing the feature a quick desolder of two pins and solder of wire and a switch will get it into ms mode.

It was just really slow and I was expecting it to build the profile faster. Got off at 5pm and had to be back at midnight and didnt fully mess with it. But now at 2am at work and Im currently in and saving all my original files.

• 3 weeks later...

having fun in excel right now comparing a 15 base fwd to my 15 sport fwd. trying to locate the signature lights. There's 26 possible locations for it...lol

Here's my excel of fun file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8epPWB6ZdvaYzM3dHNXaXU5dmc/view?usp=sharing

Signature lights are hardwired...there is no computer control over them.