SSM 46025 - 2015-2016 Edge - Roof Opening Panel Slow To Close

jmr061

Aug 23 2016 3579 - 2015-2016 Edge - Roof Opening Panel Slow To Close

Some 2015-2016 Edge vehicle may exhibit a roof opening panel that is slow to close. This may be caused by dirt or debris in the roof opening panel main and/or idler tracks or an issue with the roof opening panel main track assembly or idler track assembly. Engineering is currently investigating this concern. Continue to monitor OASIS for updates.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I just looked and didn't see any tsb or ssm updates.  In fact they don't even list ssm 46025 any more.

It could be they updated the service manual procedures though.  Quick looked at them....if it closes within 12 seconds its okay.  Any longer and you have to clean the tracks and retest.  If it still fails then they start going through a part replacement procedure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I am having this issue with my 2014 and experienced this in the last day, my air started blowing hot air from the passenger side while blowing cold air on the drivers side.  When I dropped it off at my mechanic to take a look, the sunroof wouldn't close all the way.  I have only had this car since the beginning of the year.  After speaking with my mechanic, they had to replace the actuator, and said that it would be $1000 to fix the sunroof.  I fear I have purchased another money pit.  This car was not cheap either.  I cannot afford these repairs.  

My 2010 MKT has the same sunroof as the Edge, and earlier this year it wouldn't close.  I took some towels and some grease and gave it a good cleaning and now it's back to normal again.  Cost me $0.  Plenty of youtube videos showing how to do it.

The blend door actuators are known to fail from time to time, so no reason to think that's any sign of things to come.  I replaced it myself for about $20.

Edited by Waldo