Too little info on the info cluster screens

I dont know if this is a question or rant or a wish.

I am annoyed by the fact that my 2016 Edge Titanium has 2 screens on sides of speedometer yet they show much less info (at a time) compared to a single screen on my Escape 2014.

The Escape had a quadrant which showed mileage info in one quad, trip miles in another, next navigation turn on 3rd and then something else I cant remember in the fourth.

With 2 screens of same size on the Edge, I would imagine 8 times the info.

Now I find myself going back and forth between settings to see miles left, mileage info, tire pressure etc.

I wish Ford launches FW upgrade to show more info on the displays but I know its not going to happen.

Edited by luxpow

You can still get next turn info from right screen under navigation. I usually leave instant mileage up, that gives me just about everything including: vertical tach, fuel gauge, DTE and current fuel mileage. Seems like a decent amount to me. Occasionally I'll check the trip odometer or go into sport which switches me to round tach.

Right side is good too, audio provides enough info and ability to switch things that if I have nav up, I don't need to switch sync3 screen to change anything, phone allows me to call recent calls (which I only call a few people and they are almost always on that last). Nav menu either shows next turn or a full size compass with current road and speed limit depending on if route is active.

I added a 4th menu called "climate". I can either change temp or fan speed if it's not in auto or dual. If it's in dual it controls driver side, and if in auto and I switch fan speed I have to go back to big screen or physical button to go back into auto.

That right screen controls and gives me steering wheel control 4 out of 6? Big screen menus. That's pretty good to me.

I do wish you could leave round tach up and have fuel info at same time, I'm not the biggest fan of the vertical tach, it's takes a minute to process for some reason and the red line is hard to see for me at times.

If I were to change the screens a bit, I would suggest giving the option to use the right display screen for functions of oon the left screen, for example if I had the full tach displayed on the left, then I could display fuel or trip on the right when I don't need the usual Nav/Compass/Audio display.

• Like 1

Both good options too, I've seen another ford cluster that displays fuel inside of a full tach. Even if they left the two screen design, make the display with full tach have more info. Make it bigger, and that would allow more to be displayed inside.

I looked this morning on way to work and it does seem to have a lot of wasted "whitespace"

• Like 1