Check fuel inlet message and engine warning light

fishx65

I have the same problem, code P0455. I asked the dealer about the emissions warranty when it i was in for an oil change. and they said it covers the replacement of parts but not cleaning a dirty filler.

I cleaned it as per the youtube video but it didn't help, so held it open, sprayed WD40 and tried to wipe it a bit

I an waiting for the test to run again.. It is taking a while as the EVAP cycle won't run on my normal commute (it needs 45-65 MPH for 10 minutes without hills or sharp turns, throttle partial and fuel level between 15 and 85%).

I suspect it isn't the filler or it is something that can't be cleaned.

I got the 'check fuel inlet'' message once in a while before the light came on, then when the light was on, then again before the test had run.. t only happened on the highway, perhaps it reflects a pending code?

Factor, let me know what happens to yours and I'll do the same. I took a look to see where the purge valve is located and, if I'm not mistaking, it's on the drivers side sitting right on top of the motor back by the firewall. Looks like it's super easy to replace. I also stopped by the dealer to see if there was a recall for the evap system but there isn't. I did find out that there's a recall on my throttle body which sounds like they will inspect it and replace if necessary .

• Like 1

Got a chance to mess with her tonight. Did the test in the video and my purge valve tested bad. Installed a new one from Autozone ($26.99 and Lifetime Warranty) and disconnected the positive battery cable for 10 minutes. So far no messages or engine light:). It takes less then 5 minutes to change out the purge valve.

Edited by fishx65
  • Like 1