How long does free sirius radio last?

There were some 1 year deals out there for a short period. I got a notice from Sirius that my 6 months was coming up and an offer to renew. I did the 6 months at $51.80 - that was the cheapest monthly rate.

Go to sirius.com and get their rates.

:shades:

Edited by Grey

Funny, I had forgotten about this completely.

I bough 2/07 had 6 months 'free'.

It expired sometime, then I called in and paid something like $28 for thee months. Its been on ever since, lol. :happy feet: :hysterical:

So, I have 'paid' for 9 months had it for 14.

Edited by DJ Starr

Bought my 07 6/07. Sticker said 3 month free. It's been on ever since. I haven't seen a renewal letter or anything from sirius. I'll just keep listening till it goes out or get a letter. When I bought the car I thought I would just let the free service run out and not renew, but now I don't think I will stop the service, It's better than I thought. Anywho, ........

Edited by spyhunter

I was also told 6 months free.. I have 3 Sirius subscriptions/accounts already as I am a big fan. Rather than call them and get it added the day I bought the car and see how they planned on mange the 6 months free, I will just wait until 'it' (however long that will be) dies and then call them and add it to my account. I read in the manual that it will alert you and give you a phone number to call so I just figured that if I was on the road, I would call and have it activated and added to my account - if I am home, I will just do it on the web. Until that day, i am going to let it ride and see how long it goes.

BTW, if it is like it has been in the past, it is 'mo cheaper to just pay a year in advance & cheaper to add it on the internets on your own rather than call them (like $10 different at one time). Also..they are not desperate XM (yet), so they are not negotiating prices to keep subscribers :)

• 6 months later...
I've had my Edge since March of '07 and my Sirius is still running. I have not paid a dime to renew or anything yet. That's 18 months "free" so far. Can't say I'm complaining! I know they will eventually catch on to this, but until then, I will keep listening.

lucky you.. mine just expired this week.. so, I got a bit more than the claimed 6 months so not complaining. Was able to add it to my account for 6.99 per month. so it seems they were on top of mine

• 2 weeks later...

If you've had the subscription longer than the specified time (3 months, 6 months, whatever) then I'm guessing the dealership didn't let Sirius know that the vehicle had been sold and to "start the clock" on the free subscription. I asked the salesman how this worked when we bought our 08 Edge LTD AWD and was told that the dealership had to inform Sirius. So for you :happy feet: but for the dealership :banghead: . Not your problem as far as I can see. Who knows, you may get free Sirius as long as you own the Edge.

I've had my Edge since March of '07 and my Sirius is still running. I have not paid a dime to renew or anything yet. That's 18 months "free" so far. Can't say I'm complaining! I know they will eventually catch on to this, but until then, I will keep listening.

Mine just cut out today...Oct 1st! Boy am I pissed! No notice or anything, just all of a sudden BAM! I know that I got more than what was advertised but the end result is that some form of notification should be common sense.

Simply turning off an account is unacceptable in my opinion.

Mine just cut out today...Oct 1st! Boy am I pissed! No notice or anything, just all of a sudden BAM! I know that I got more than what was advertised but the end result is that some form of notification should be common sense.

Simply turning off an account is unacceptable in my opinion.

You didn't get the letter warning about the impending expiration and the opportunity to renew ? I did.