2017 Edge Titaniam Sync 3 and FordPass Issues

Just picked up my Edge Titaniam yesterday. For the life of me I can not get Ford Pass to show up on the screen.

I've plugged my iPhone 6 into the usb and apple car play pops up and the apps icon is greyed out. I've turned apple play off on the phone and the only apps that show up are travel link. The app on the phone says if the ford pass icon is not there to unplug the phone from the usb and plug it back in and the app should appair. No dice! Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you

Lenny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2017 Fusion Sport (and a 2015 Edge). The feature you are looking for is Sync Connect. There is a lot of confused Ford customers (and salespeople) that order a vehicle with Sync 3 to find out it does not have Sync Connect. Sync Connect is usually found at higher trim lines or in other packages. Always look for the "Sync Connect" item on the window sticker.

Ā 

I remote start my car from my desk at work and take the 4 minute walk to a warm or cooled car. Love it.

-Lee

Ā 

PS www.fordpass.com lists the 2017 Escape, Fusion and F-150. I am really surprised the Edge 2017 Edge does not have it.

PS www.fordpass.com lists the 2017 Escape, Fusion and F-150. I am really surprised the Edge 2017 Edge does not have it.

I agree, I was kind of surprised myself that the 2017 Edge Titaniam was one of the vehicles it wasn't included in. It would not have been a deal breaker, just kind of neat to have. Maybe if the price isn't ridiculous, I'll give one of these a try when they become available. http://www.autonews.com/article/20170127/OEM06/170129862/ford-aftermarket-device-will-boost-connectivity-in-older-models

Hey everyone!

I'm going to add a shameless plug because FordPass is super cool with or without SYNC Connect. :) With the FordPass app you have access to the My Vehicles feature that allows you to manage your maintenance schedule, request Roadside Assistance, set a preferred dealership, see your service history, and much more! There's the neat Park feature allows you to find and reserve parking spots (reservations are only available in select cities). You can also access your Ford Credit account!

Ā 

For those of you that have it downloaded, be sure to go into your App Store and update it to version 1.6 (just released yesterday).

Ā 

We also offer an aftermarket application called Ford Remote Access that provides access to vehicle functions. To check compatibility with your vehicle please reach out to the Ford Remote Access team at 800-367-3539 or www.fordremoteaccess.com. Their hours are: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm EST and Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm EST.

Ā 

Holler if you have any questions!

Ā 

Rebecca

I would expect it to be in the $600 range. About the same as a smartphone.

Ā 

I also don't understand the rhyme or reason around the sync connect availability. If it works in the MKX and Fusion it should work in the Edge.

I'm hoping it's not that expensive. Verizon already has their "Hum" which it sounds like this is based off, and that's in the $30 range:

Ā 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/connected-devices/hum-by-verizon/

Ā 

I can see it being a bit more with the hotspot and remote start etc, but I suspect the upfront cost will be maybe around $150? They'll make it up on the monthly subscription for the data

• 1 month later...

Another random data point that may point towards how this will be priced, Chevy is now offering unlimited data for $20/month:

Ā 

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/02/chevy-unlimited-lte-data/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fengadget+%28Engadget%29

Ā 

I'm sure there's fine print and restrictions etc, and that doesn't cover the additional fees for OnStar, but if Ford can keep their monthly fees in the same ballpark I'd be a taker.

Another random data point that may point towards how this will be priced, Chevy is now offering unlimited data for $20/month:

Ā 

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/02/chevy-unlimited-lte-data/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fengadget+%28Engadget%29

Ā 

I'm sure there's fine print and restrictions etc, and that doesn't cover the additional fees for OnStar, but if Ford can keep their monthly fees in the same ballpark I'd be a taker.

Ā 

Why would you pay $20/month for something you can only use in One vehicle when you can get an unlimited plan for your phone and use it everywhere including other vehicles.

I had Remote Access added to our 15 Expedition, and then to the 17 Expedition after the 15 was totaled. It gives you the remote start and lock unlock via Smart Phone on the older vehicles. My wife loves it. She hits it before she changes at the end of her shift, by the time she gets there, it is warm or cool. Happy Wife, Happy Life! I was going to do it on the Edge, but I am going to wait and see what the Smartlink is all about.

Ā 

Why would you pay $20/month for something you can only use in One vehicle when you can get an unlimited plan for your phone and use it everywhere including other vehicles.

Ā 

I can think of a number of reasons. I could remember to turn on my phone's hotspot every time I get in the car and let the family use that, but this would give them seamless ability to stream to their hearts content without me having to do anything and without every device having it's own data plan. Potentially I could even throw my old android phone in the car without a sim and just have it use the WiFi for Android Auto without having to plug in my phone each time.

Ā 

If you already have unlimited data on some or all of your devices then this probably is redundant, but if you don't it's a fairly cheap way to get lots of data right where I suspect a lot of people use most of their data when out and about. I have access to WiFi almost everywhere, if I also had it in my car to stream music, I could cut my data use significantly. It's not for everyone, but it seems cheap for what it is.

• 5 months later...

Nothing in particular, the Ford web site was pushing the Ford Pass App so I downloaded it. It's kind of useless for me, the only thing it does when you connect your phone is tell you how much gas you have. I thought you would be able to run a health report or something.

No big deal

Ā 

I am curious...did it also show DTE or did it just show the actual fuel gauge ?