Looking for plastic pins for rear hatch trim

IWRBB

Hey everyone- I am looking for a part number for the white pins that secure the lower interior trim panel on the rear lift gate. They are white, and have a double head on them. One head slides into the panel and the other hits up against the metal.

I can put a picture up if that'll help.

It's either this, or close to this. https://www.amazon.com/PartsSquare-Fastener-Retainer-Explorer-Transit/dp/B01B165Q28/ref=sr_1_25?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1484928972&sr=1-25&keywords=ford

I'll measure them up and compare since the listing has a bunch of size specs.

Mac- I work all day, I don't have time to get to the Ford parts counter during their bankers hours. I don't know why they don't show up on the online part listings, they show all the other stuff on the gate, but not the trim clips. I can find the clips for the fender flares on my Raptor on the same online site.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK I pulled the trim panel off again to get at the backup camera wiring so I'd like to get the clips before it goes back on.

First pic shows what it looks like, this one has a broken tab.

Second pic shows the head diameter. 19mm/0.75 in.

Third pic shows the stem diameter where it slides into the plastic trim panel. 6mm/0.25in.

Fourth pic shows the stem diameter for the portion that goes into the holen in the metal. 8mm/0.33 in.

Hole in the metal body panel measures at 9mm.

Last pic shows how it mounts in the trim panel.

The head of it says WD 15 and >POM< whatever that means.

post-36220-0-48182900-1491955853_thumb.jpg

post-36220-0-71266800-1491955872_thumb.jpg

post-36220-0-35113300-1491955888_thumb.jpg

post-36220-0-66779400-1491955910_thumb.jpg

post-36220-0-62914000-1491956624_thumb.jpg

I can find stuff that is close- but nothing is the same. I really hate having to drive all the way to a dealer to have them look up some stupid clips, but to keep that panel from rattling, it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. I did find that POM makes them, but again no luck finding it using POM or WD 15 as search terms.

Ford, your parts lookup system online sucks. Mazda has all the pins called out for their trim panels, you have none. Mazda even goes as far as showing a side profile drawing of each clip.

This isn't 1982 anymore- I should be able to look up every single part that is available for purchase and see a clear picture.drawing of what that part is. Hell- I can do that for a 1977 Ariens rototiller, but not for a 2010 Ford Edge.