New cold air kit coming soon!

steve9

CAI is not even shown or listed on their Edge specific website: http://www.steedaedge.com/ - and this has been talked about for what, 7-8 months?

It seems like forever. I keep checking the website everyday, but no luck. Wonder what the delay is? Looking forward to see what the final dyno specs are. It would be nice if they showed dyno specs on each grade of gasoine with and without CAI.

I emailed them just a week ago and got a reply along the lines of they are 'concentrating on other Edge products at this time'. I can cut and paste later, since I cannot access home email account from work but it did not leave me with a feeling that it would be ready any time soon. Wish they would because I would buy an emailed 93 octane performance tune and the intake and load it over one of my 87 tunes from Evolution, since there is such a noticable performance boost with the 93 tune I will never go back to running the 87 tune. The tune and throttle response, combined with the 6 speed trans on these, keeps the little Edge nicely in the power band throughout WOT, one can only imagine adding an intake to the mix here..

For anyone who cares to read on, I do have some years of experience with tuner/intakes on the 04-08 F150's and have had 3 of my trucks on a dyno at Troyer performance ( the 06 has done about 10 pulls ). The MAF does NOT just automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio, meaning it ups the fuel to account for the increased air volume from the intake. This needs to be done through correct tuning. A reputable tuner will usually have a MAF transfer function programmed for a particular intake that establishes an acceptable level of baseline performance that he has built through many dyno pulls on a test vehicle. You will run the risk of running lean by just installing an intake without measuring your A/F's. ( but why not, it's your Edge ! ) My 04 ran lean from the factory, 14:1. The 05 and 06 trucks ran rich, pig rich, as it was put at the time. I have seen an increase of 15 horse power to the rear wheels just by adjusting the tune to have the correct A/F ratio for that truck. Leaning it out does gives you more rwhp but could be too lean and you may not throw a CEL to indicate this. These mail order tuner/intake combo's are close, but as fate would have it, my 06 was a PIA to get adjusted to the 3.5 inch tube of the Air Force 1 intake. I personally would not just install an intake without a tune that was built for it, that's why I never bought the one advertised by Green about 6 months ago.

Edited by kdd01

Here is what I got from Steeda on 12/11/08 :

The tunes are not finalized yet at this point. We are delaying them for a while we concentrate on other aspects of the Edge program.

Stephen Kish

Steeda Sales

Phone: 954-960-0774 ext 108

Fax: 954-960-1449

what could be more important than MORE POWER !

just got off the phone with Steeda sales dept. I ordered their new Petron Fricton reducer oil additive. I asked the sales rep on when the cold air kit for the Edge was to be released. He told me that steeda was planning on releasing the cold air kit for the Edge the first part of January 2009. Stay tuned...............

P.S. I will start a new thread on the Petron Fricton reducer after I have tested it out on our Christmas trip next week and let you all know how and if it works as they say.