High beam bulb upgrade (9005)

Short of going HID, you can try bulbs like Philips CrystalVision Ultra that have more of a white-blueish tint to them. Still bright, but not the brightest. The brightest in their series is the XtremeVision.

post-23566-0-89845600-1504448491_thumb.jpg

PIAA may or may not work for you, it is more on the expensive sight, but they always have been

https://www.amazon.com/19615-Xtreme-White-Performance-Halogen/dp/B00067BW6S/

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

I would avoid the blueish bulbs as you will actually see less. The human eye is not very sensitive to blue as well as it focuses differently inside the eye. (Eye sees best in yellow/green light).

The best choice is the Phillips Xtremevision. Note that it states 100% more light on the road, but no so for the blue bulbs.

(I'm running the Xtremevision & well satisfied).

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Short of going HID, you can try bulbs like Philips CrystalVision Ultra that have more of a white-blueish tint to them. Still bright, but not the brightest. The brightest in their series is the XtremeVision.

attachicon.gifPhilips Halogen Lineup.jpg

PIAA may or may not work for you, it is more on the expensive sight, but they always have been

https://www.amazon.com/19615-Xtreme-White-Performance-Halogen/dp/B00067BW6S/

I had H7 Philips EtremeVision bulbs in my MINI in the United Kingdom and they worked very well. More costly and shorter lifespan than the OEM bulbs, but they were brighter and helpful on dark rainy country roads. Now that I'm driving an Edge here in the United States, I was thinking of the Philips XtremeVision bulbs again, but was also looking into LED options since so much of the car's lighting system is LED anyway.

All the best,

Andrew.

• Like 1