enigma-2

Amazing cleaner for car leather .. and cheap

From Scotton of Dallas Paint Correction and Detailing. (This one really surprised me).

• Like 3

I use Lexol for cleaning and conditioning the leather, which would be good to apply after using Woolite for the initial cleaning.

• Like 1

What's the smell like? The stuff I'm using has an after-smell my wife hates. Also it's slippery afterwards.

Lexol doesn't have much of an odor, and you can only smell it when applying, but nothing a couple of hours later.

I let it soak in for a couple of hours and wipe off what ever might still be on the surface and it doesn't leave the seats slippery.

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

Any update to this?   First time I will have to take care of leather seats and I am wondering what everyone uses.

Edited by JoeVic
missing word

Luxury cars have semi-aniline (top grain) leather surfaces. This is a breathable leather and requires special products like those offered by Leatherique

The leather seats in the Edge are polyurethane coated split hide leather (what's left after the top grain is removed) so anything that is recommended for vinyl will work just fine.

A great product for interior cleaning/detailing that works great on plastic coated leather and all interior hard surfaces that leaves a nice satin non greasy finish is Chemical Guys Innerclean

Just remember that you are cleaning/treating plastic, not leather. Most automotive products that claim to be for leather are optimized for plastic, vinyl and rubber surfaces.