Titanium 2016 Ecoboost 2.0 doesn't start from first attempt

t0lkman

Titanium 2016 Ecoboost 2.0 doesn't start from first attempt. It happens once in a while, the car turns on - the dashboard screen shows "Full Accessory Power Active" but the engine is not starting, and the start button is blinking.

I have to wait and try multiple times in order to start when it doesn't work I basically start the car from the key fob using remote start feature.

Has it ever happened to one of you here?

Strange they would use 2 different sensors for the brake pedal.

Definitely strange. Most cars only have one. Maybe the Genesis did only have one as well, but I can definitely confirm that the brake lights worked fine even when I couldn't start the car (checked while my wife tried to start it). Had it replaced twice by the stupid Hyundai dealer.
  • Like 1

It looks like it is the brake switch on the brake pedal. It may be that the pedal was hard before the vehicle was started so it wasn't depressing the switch but after starting it works fine. That would explain why there wasn't an issue with the brake lights. I bet when you got the no start condition the brake lights were not on.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

2016 Ford Edge, cranks but do not start, until message "Cranking Time Exceeded" appears on dash  (which requires a 15mins  wait until you can try again).

OBD11 check suggest "Low Fuel Rack Pressure", which suggest an "open" relay contact, so loss of communication.

Found major ants infestation under the two wired packs close to the fuse compartment (cleaned it off and spray with WD40)

Car cranks, then starts, runs for a short while, then shuts off.

Took (towed) it to the Dealer (KIG, in Kingston, Jamaica), and awaiting their diagnosis, repair and bill.

Will post the outcome of this event, when becomes available