Looking for X-Plan Rules / Guidelines

cmoses

I thought there was a FAQ either on here or www.blueovalforums.com that listed all the guidelines for purchasing through X-plan. What the discount off invoice was, what could be charged for delivery, etc. I have looked and searched on both sites and am either not using the correct search words or just missing it. Can someone direct me to it or where I can obtain it. I just want to make sure I am not forgetting anything or expecting something that I should not be.

Clayton

www.blueovalforums.com is by far the best place to get the answers to this question. It gets minimal play here, but is a key topic there.

As I recall it, it was not really spelled out in any 1 place all together packaged as one FAQ like one may want it, it was more spread out across reading many posts/threads on the topic that you get the sense and details of X Plan usage. I got all the answers I needed by just browsing the www.blueovalforums.com posts on X Plans and kind of gleaned what was key to know.

I thought there was a FAQ either on here or www.blueovalforums.com that listed all the guidelines for purchasing through X-plan. What the discount off invoice was, what could be charged for delivery, etc. I have looked and searched on both sites and am either not using the correct search words or just missing it. Can someone direct me to it or where I can obtain it. I just want to make sure I am not forgetting anything or expecting something that I should not be.

Clayton

Hi Clayton. Here is a pricing explanation I have previously written::

When all is said and done, your purchase price should look something like this:

The Initial X-Plan Price (it is listed on the Factory Invoice, in a box labeled "X-Plan Price", which the Dealer is required to show you)

+ a $75 maximum "Documentation Fee"

+ Any Dealer installed options or Extended Service Plan (agreed upon by you)

= Subtotal

+ State and Local Sales Taxes

= Subtotal

- Any Incentives and Rebates you qualify for

= Subtotal

+ Title and Registration

= Your Final X-Plan Price

Destination and Delivery Charges (and all other fees/charges not listed above) are already included in the X-Plan Price, and cannot be added to the figures above. There should be no additional fees/charges on your Sales Contract other than those listed above.

The calculations for the X-Plan Price are as follows:

True Factory Invoice Price x .996 + a $75 Administration Fee = the X-Plan Price.

Keep in mind that we are talking about the "True" Factory Invoice Price, not those listed on sites like Edmunds, KBB, Consumer Reports etc. Those "Invoice" prices are usually anywhere from $200-$400 low, as they do not include some costs charged back to the Dealers by Ford.

Therefore, it is always best to just go by the X-Plan Price listed in the box labeled "X-Plan" on the Original Factory Invoice.

Hope this information helps.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I have a question. There seems to be some confusion with rebates. Most dealers have told me that with x-plan, you can only take the low financing OR the cash rebates, but not both. Is this true in all cases?

If not, what rebates would qualify during an x-plan purchase?

...what rebates would qualify during an x-plan purchase?

just relative to this portion of your question.. at the time I used my X Plan I also qualified for, and used, 3 different cash rebates: Presidents Day, Ford Cash Back, Conquest Cash

I did pay cash for my car so did not get into the financing... so my point is more that you can combine rebates and X Plan

I was not under the impression that financing had anything to do with being able to use rebates AND X Plan at same time, but that financing plays more of a roll in WHAT rebates you can get (i.e., cash back or good APR but not both).

BTW, this page http://www.fordvehicles.com/incentives/offers/ is pretty good about showing what Ford rebates/offers are happening now in your area and the caveats and requirements for each - also remember that your local dealer may have other rebates happening that are not listed there (Conquest Cash or a holiday sale) so ask about those as well.

Edited by Lex Talionis

I have a question. There seems to be some confusion with rebates. Most dealers have told me that with x-plan, you can only take the low financing OR the cash rebates, but not both. Is this true in all cases?

If not, what rebates would qualify during an x-plan purchase?

Hi BPM. :D Concerning the X-Plan: The rules for most Incentives are the same for X-Plan as regular retail purchasers. So if you can''t combine them Retail, you cannot combine them X-Plan (and vice-versa).

Additionally, to add to what Lex correctly stated above: Some Incentives/Rebates are stand alone, meaning you cannot combine them with the "Special Low APR Finance Rates" which are sometime offered. Other Incentives/Rebates can be combined with the "Special Low APR Finance Rates".

Unfortunately there is no single correct answer, as the rules and exclusions for Incentives/Rebates/Special Finance Rates can and will vary by region (even ZIP Code sometimes). Essentially, you need to read the "fine print" of each offer in your region to see what exclusions there may be.

For example, in my ZIP Code there is currently a choice of either a $2,000 Cash Incentive or Special APR Financing. A buyer cannot get both.

The link which Lex gave you above is a good one. You can find out exactly what is offered in your area, by your ZIP Code. Take a look at it and come back with any questions if you do not understand the information.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Also be aware that in some cases you can get additional rebates with X plan not offered to the public. This is usually in conjunction with dealer cash (Ford doesn't want the dealer to keep any factory to dealer incentives on plan sales - they already get a spiff check on each sale from Ford). But you always get at least the same public incentives as everyone else.

Always let your dealership know up front that you are an X-Plan buyer (in the rules). Once you have decided on a vehicle and you want the purchase price, give the sales manager the VIN and ask them to run a VinCent report on it.

They will need your Zip Code.

The report will ask if it is a purchase or lease. If you are not sure, ask them to figure both.

If it is a purchase, they will ask if you are going to finance through Ford Motor Credit. FMC may have incentives also.

The vehicle may have additional incentives, and they should ask you if you qualify for any of them. Auto show coupons, AARP or AQHA, etc. affiliations sometimes have additional incentives. Additionally, the vehicle may have been invoiced with a short term factory incentive or price adjustment that would not be available on other like vehicles. (AQHA = American Quarter Horse Association)

If your X-Plan was through your employer, ask your employer if they have any additional incentives, also.

The Vincent report will tell the sales manager all of the possible incentives for which you might be eligible (except those your employer might offer on top of Ford's deal.)

Most sales personnel would not have access to the Vincent reports and that is why they almost universally go to the sales managers for prices or to respond to offers. This is also why you cannot go by what someone else paid for a vehicle to set your offer price on a non-plan purchase. Every vehicle and every deal can be different.