Let your voice be heard........

Let your voice be heard........

Not saying you will have problem with your Edge like I have for example: Oil leaks, Transmission issues, and rollback while driving and you are on an incline, major paint issues where some of the areas not painted at all or the paint is wrinkled. FUMES!!! That’s right FUMES entering into the cabin (which I think is a coolant leak). Also, the Edge is not running smooth; sometimes it feels like I am driving a jeep and the car keeps drifting to the right.

I have taken them car to the dealership time and time again, and on just about all the issues the dealership gave me their famous words: "TEST DROVE AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE" I even contacted Ford motor company directly and all they did was back the dealership without question. Heaven forbid the dealership missed something!

The last words Ford gave me were: Go to the BBB! (Better Business Bureau)I purchased the 2007 Ford Edge SEL new this year in Feb. of 2008 from a local dealership here is Dallas, Texas.

So if you’re having problems or concerns come up, make sure you report your complaints so you are heard and contact your local dealership to see if you get the same famous words I have: "TEST DROVE AND WAS UNABLE TO DUPLICATE"

START REPORTING YOU’RE COMPLAINTS

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm and

http://www.consumeraffairs.com

http://www.carcomplaints.com/

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!!

I would be interested to hear how the conversation went with the service advisor/manager. Sometimes when they conclude they will never make a customer happy, they just want them to go away.

Did you burn them on a survey? What did you tell them you were going to do? Why can't you duplicate the concern? Two sides to every story.

If you have burned the bridge, find another F/L/M dealership for your service needs.

I would be interested to hear how the conversation went with the service advisor/manager. Sometimes when they conclude they will never make a customer happy, they just want them to go away.

Did you burn them on a survey? What did you tell them you were going to do? Why can't you duplicate the concern? Two sides to every story.

If you have burned the bridge, find another F/L/M dealership for your service needs.

Thanks for the reply!

I don’t think I’ve burned anyone; in fact I have tried not to burn anyone. The survey the dealership sends out when I 1st purchased the vehicle I have not returned. For the very fact that I didn’t want to adversely affect anyone certainly not my sales person who took good care of me doing the buying process. I’m able to duplicate the concern; what I find strange the dealership keeps my edge for days on end to only return it back to me saying, “test drove and unable to duplicate”. The reason why they are not able to duplicate I can only guess it could be the tech that inspects it. Normally it’s the same person every time. Maybe he’s new; I know for me the longer a person does a certain skill set the better they get at it... So I can only guess at reasons. This last time I did request for a lead or master tech to test drive with me so I point out and duplicate the concern., or for the dealership to install a flight recorder to help pinpoint the problems ; both request rejected. I have shown pictures of the many oil spots/other oil like substance on my new garage floor. I have also shown the dealership video from my digital camera of white smoke coming from the tailpipe and video of what appears like the edge getting stuck in a gear and not wanting to accelerate or decelerate when it’s stuck. You are right. There are always to sides to a story and this is only my story. I do know on the very forum lots of people are having problem/concern with there edge maybe the sites I have listed can help them voice there concerns

:D Hi Always_smile1st. I copied and pasted this from my other reply to your other post concerning this ongoing problem.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

To begin to address them in the proper manner, take a look at the Warranty booklet that should have been given to you when you purchased your Edge. If you can not find it, you can download it here: LINK: Warranty Information. Just click "Warranty" in the left menu, then fill in the drop down boxes to the left with your vehicle information.

The Warranty Booklet lays out a precise process of the steps to take if your Dealership can not resolve your problems.

If necessary, you will need to begin the Lemon Law process on your vehicle. The thing is, you need to initiate this process. Neither the Dealer nor Ford will "usually" volunteer the information after the fact (although they did hand us a booklet outlining the correct procedure when we purchased our new vehicles).

Following the procedure outlined in the Warranty Booklet will get you further (and get you there quicker) than an Internet letter writing campaign.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Where to start? If you are having oil leaks, then there should clearly be a point of origination under the vehicle that you could see. Right? But the dealer does not find them?

The transmission issue is odd and may not be duplicated at the dealer if it is intermittent.

Rollback is noted and discussed in this forum. That is an annoyance and not a defect in my opinion.

Paint issues? Personally, my edge has an excellent paint job. You should post some pics to back up your paint claim. Before I buy a vehicle, I always inspect for paint defects like acid rain spots.

Fumes and coolant? Do you have antifreeze on the ground? A dealer would definitely correct this quickly even if in the heater core.

Not running smooth and pulling. Some Edge owners report a pull and it is discussed here.

No offense, but you sound like the kind or owner that is looking for issues and piles them on. Dealers absolutely hate customers like that. They see you as "over-the-top" and unreasonable. Just reading your first post leads me to this conclusion. I would suggest going to another dealer and working on one problem at a time. Get under the car, dins the oil leak (if there is one) and take it for repair. Good Luck.

I did have one incident with my low miles 2008 SEL so far. I was pulling into a Target parking lot, turned into a space in an empty row at about 8 MPH. as I was 3/4 into the space, with the wheel nearly all the way to the left the vehicle completely died. Oil, Battery, and Engine warning lights all lit. thing still in D with my foot just barely having a second to begin depressing the brake (not the cause). wasn't even running the A/C or any other accessories aside from the radio. never touched the shifter or ignition

so far this has only happened once. should it happen again I will be sending her in. but I'll be reporting it to dealer during the 1st service anyway.

one other question, my right rear emits a momentary but obvious high pitched squeal if I am loading anything (even of very light weight) into the cargo area, I think only when parking brake is engaged but need to confirm it.. is this normal? no sound comes from the left side at all no matter how hard I push down or if I drop a heavy load closer to the left wheel. might have to mention to the dealer as well.

also I got my 1st door chip yesterday :( my own fault as I nudged the door open just a hair wider to squeeze something out of the back seat and heard a thunk from a small (1/4") dia steel pipe along this block wall at 1/2 rear door height. but I'd rather have it be from me than some unknown marks all over the place from unknown persons. luckily it's tiny, but I still want to touch it up since I know it's there and people could conceivably notice it.

pull right? yea maybe. the jury is still out. seems to drift that way just a bit on occassion but couldn't be sure if it was just the roadway for drainage or the vehicle out of line, so I'm still figuring it.

Edited by bri719

Where to start? If you are having oil leaks, then there should clearly be a point of origination under the vehicle that you could see. Right? But the dealer does not find them?

The transmission issue is odd and may not be duplicated at the dealer if it is intermittent.

Rollback is noted and discussed in this forum. That is an annoyance and not a defect in my opinion.

Paint issues? Personally, my edge has an excellent paint job. You should post some pics to back up your paint claim. Before I buy a vehicle, I always inspect for paint defects like acid rain spots.

Fumes and coolant? Do you have antifreeze on the ground? A dealer would definitely correct this quickly even if in the heater core.

Not running smooth and pulling. Some Edge owners report a pull and it is discussed here.

No offense, but you sound like the kind or owner that is looking for issues and piles them on. Dealers absolutely hate customers like that. They see you as "over-the-top" and unreasonable. Just reading your first post leads me to this conclusion. I would suggest going to another dealer and working on one problem at a time. Get under the car, dins the oil leak (if there is one) and take it for repair. Good Luck.

Tell me . What would you do if you just purchased a new car and having all kinds of problems?

I did have one incident with my low miles 2008 SEL so far. I was pulling into a Target parking lot, turned into a space in an empty row at about 8 MPH. as I was 3/4 into the space, with the wheel nearly all the way to the left the vehicle completely died. Oil, Battery, and Engine warning lights all lit. thing still in D with my foot just barely having a second to begin depressing the brake (not the cause). wasn't even running the A/C or any other accessories aside from the radio. never touched the shifter or ignition

so far this has only happened once. should it happen again I will be sending her in. but I'll be reporting it to dealer during the 1st service anyway.

one other question, my right rear emits a momentary but obvious high pitched squeal if I am loading anything (even of very light weight) into the cargo area, I think only when parking brake is engaged but need to confirm it.. is this normal? no sound comes from the left side at all no matter how hard I push down or if I drop a heavy load closer to the left wheel. might have to mention to the dealer as well.

also I got my 1st door chip yesterday :( my own fault as I nudged the door open just a hair wider to squeeze something out of the back seat and heard a thunk from a small (1/4") dia steel pipe along this block wall at 1/2 rear door height. but I'd rather have it be from me than some unknown marks all over the place from unknown persons. luckily it's tiny, but I still want to touch it up since I know it's there and people could conceivably notice it.

pull right? yea maybe. the jury is still out. seems to drift that way just a bit on occassion but couldn't be sure if it was just the roadway for drainage or the vehicle out of line, so I'm still figuring it.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been off the board. I would say the car drift not a pull. My edge has not died on my but I'm scared it will

I second that..... This in one that will never be happy... EVER!

• 5 months later...