Timing codes on 3.5 liter

Steve71592

My edge started having hesitation bad fuel mileage stalling out at low rpms and this ticking noise I took it to the dealer for diagnostic they said its was phasers I replaced all the pasers timing chains water pump crank sprocket guides Tensioners vet solinoids put back togeather same problem took back to dealer had them check oil pressure was ok they told me the only thing that could have happened is that I got the main timing chain a tooth off so I tore it back down and rolled motor over by hand until the marks aligned back up I had it timed correctly now dealer wont return my calls have called 5 plus times a day for three days anyone having similar issues??? Als I have replaced spark plugs oil sending unit throttle body have only used synthetic oil since new and for filters never missed an oil change and it has 90 k on it

Wow, that's a boatload! Do you know what codes your Edge was/is showing? seems like you changed pretty much everything in the timing system that could be changed.

It is possible that cam and crank sensors might be next on the list to check out (do not replace just yet). I would also consider cleaning the MAF sensor or just replacing it entirely with a quality aftermarket brand if cleaning makes no difference.

Any issues with pests/rodents in your area? Could it be chewed up wiring or blocked airflow?

Before I did the work I was getting codes p0012 p0014 p0022 p0024 p0301 p0401 after I did the work Im getting codes p0012 p0022 p0301 p0401 I have not checked mass airflow sensor yet I did check resistance on all 4 cam sensors they were around 1250 and the crank I could not find spec but was around 650 no issues with mice car was driven everyday also right before all these problems started witch they developed slowly one day it would not start was at home didnt have my tools with me screwed with it for about 2 hours and it finally started never figured out what cactuses it

crank sensor resistance should be between 250 and 1100 ohms, so it seems spoton in your case.

you are seeing intake cam timing overretarded on BOTH bank 1 and bank 2, plus misfire bank 1 and Insufficient EGR flow. The Edge/MKX does not have a separate EGR component as it is all integrated into timing operation.

The timing can be explained by sticking VCT solenoids, at least that would be the easy solution. But to have both on at the same time is unusual, unless it is a case of a delayed oil change or incorrect oil weight. As enigma said, check the PCM first, clean up the connections, apply dielectric grease to the connectors and reconnect. Then clear codes (KAM reset) and see what if any codes reappear.

Ill check pcm connections ,already replaced vtc solenoids

Never missed oil change put 5/20 in synthetic no engine sludge and I cleaned out oil tubes going to vct housing

I seen on another forum ford had problems with some of their filters could this be from a resrtiction in oil I presume at sensor port was 80 psi warm

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These engines use DAMB (direct acting mechanical bucket), not lifters. I would take it to yet another dealership if all they did was diagnose by listening to the sound. Maybe even a Japanese motorcycle repair shop. They are far more experienced with DAMB and can confirm if it is indeed a valve operation issue.

• Like 1