Powerstop brake components

Rotors & pads? Work well, hold up well to daily driving. Would not recommend for tracking / auto-x'ing.

I use the kit with the Z23 pads, not the AutoSpecialty "OEM" kits. I wish Z26 or Z37 pads were available, but they are not.

As with any brakes, keeping the caliper bolts and slide pins clean and luricated will maximize braking performance.

I used Powerstop OEK Ceramic Brake Kit(s) #KOE5452 to do front and rear pads and rotors on my '11 LTD. I don't drive too hard so I figured an OEM replacement would be fine. $218.99 from Auto Anything - shipping was free. Pretty good deal by my estimation. I also did a brake bleed and new fluid. Took an afternoon. Did the install Feb of last year so 20 months or so with no issues whatsoever. Nice short stops with no fade or pulling. Just make sure you do the pad bedding process and you should be fine.

EDIT: To reiterate Perf's comment - make sure you clean the threads and lube everything appropriately. Also use anti-seize where needed and use BrakeCleen on the rotors.

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 2

Rotors & pads?

Drums & shoes. Long story. I recently did some work on a relative's Chevy, was let down by a brand I trusted (AC Delco), and am looking for something new for my Toyota.

Hadn't heard of Powerstop before I saw their complete kits on Rock Auto...daily driver, that is. Now I think I'll give them a try,

Wifey is the Edge's primary driver. It has a pretty easy life, so I've had good luck with both Duralast and Wearever rotors and pads. Cheapie rotors, but for the pads I go one step up, just so I am not changing them every year.

• Like 1