What (if anything) is the difference between the Edge Sport 2.7 and the MKX 2.7?

Edge E

I think OP's question is regarding the engines & transmissions specifically. If that's it, as far as I know, they are the same with only a few tuning tweaks.

Edit: on the mobile site, the thread title is cutoff. The full title is "What (if anything) is the difference between the Edge Sport 2.7 and the MKX 2.7?".

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

I think OP's question is regarding the engines & transmissions specifically. If that's it, as far as I know, they are the same with only a few tuning tweaks.

Edit: on the mobile site, the thread title is cutoff. The full title is "What (if anything) is the difference between the Edge Sport 2.7 and the MKX 2.7?".

Correct. Why i mentioned the engines. Specifically, the horsepower/torque difference doesn't pan out in test results. Having driven both, and owning the Edge Sport, the Edge feels and tests faster. By the way, if you check the stats, there isn't any weight difference. I'm wondering if the numbers are fudged. Wouldn't be the first time that a manufacturer has underrated a non-upscale engine vs. the upscale version. Could be gearing-haven't checked. Wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Going to add...which points to the "no real difference" theory........ the new Edge ST is no faster than the Edge Sport, and in fact is slower..... With an 8 speed and more hp/torque something is not right. I think the Edge Sport 2.7 is/was underrated.

I will say this...octane makes a big difference. It is possible that the MKXs I drove did not have 91 or above in them.