Automatic start ONLY works if dash lights go off within seconds of engine being turned off with last use.

I have a 2012 for edge SEL. It had an automatic starter when I purchased it and I was told it was installed by FORD also. With winter fast approaching, and having young children, I am desperate to resolve this problem. My car starter only works 1/2 the time. The other 50% of my attempts end with only the battery having been turned on and not the engine.

I seem to notice a correlation between the interior dash lights. I work nights and when I come home and turn off my engine, exit my car and proceed to lock the car using the FOB, on a good day, all my dashboard lights will immediately shut off. When this happens, I know that the next morning, my car starter will work properly. However, if there is a ten second delay in the dash lights going off, the next morning my car starter will only turn the battery on and not the engine. Any help would be amazing! By the way, the starter does not need a new battery. Im almost certain this has something to do with the screwed up and inconsistent timing of interior dash lights. Thank you for any suggestions!

Car battery (you indicated that yours is good), remote battery getting weak, accidiently hitting two keys on remote putting car in valet mode, accidentally hitting lock button twice.

Based on what you stated, car battery getting weak. Low voltage can cause this. Inconsistant charging can be related to how the car was driven before being shut off. Short trips dont give it enought time to recover, consistant short trips leave the battery undercharged and weakens batrery.

I’m not sure what kind of fob I have. It doesn’t say. It’s just a small rectangular one with a key button on it. 

Also, my battery is new and the most expensive one available at autozone. 

And I don’t think it has anything to do with the battery because when it glitches out and will not start using my fob, I can get into my car, turn on the engine and then off again... however times necessary to make the interior lights in my car go off immediately after shutting off my engine. And once I get that part to behave properly, the fob will start my engine the following time. It’s so frustrating.