Head Rest Adj.-For/aft-2012

Greetings!  

Does anyone know how to adjust the headrest fore and aft. (front to back....NOT up and down) Or some might call it tilt.  The top of my headrest is tilted to far forward at the top.  I have no idea how to adjust it.

If you do know how to adjust the headrest, please explain how?

Thank You,

If your Edge has adjustable headrests (not all models had them), you can pull the top forward as though you wanted it even closer to your head.  At the limits of its forward travel, it will release and go back to the rear-most position.  You can then move it forward again, one click at a time, until you reach a comfortable position.

If your Edge does not have adjustable headrests, you can pull them out of the seat, take them to a bench vise, and carefully bend the support rods to adjust the position.

OK.  Thanks everyone.  It seems my SEL does not have adjustable headrests.  So, it looks like I will be trying the vice adjustment trick first.  I suppose I could swap the drivers for the passengers headrest.  Pass side seems to be in a more comfortable position.  Not sure why FoMoCo would do this???

Cheers and Merry Christmas

On 12/13/2018 at 10:14 PM, Haz said:

Rotating our 2012 MKX's non-adjustable headrest 180-degrees causes the original forward-raked surface of headrest to face rearward, and provides a laid-back face that is more comfortable...

You do understand that headrests are not there for comfort but for safety?  In fact, the name "headrest" is a misnomer - they are intended to prevent whiplash in a collision by limiting the distance your head can move backward on impact.  They should properly be named something like "head restraints".

I understand that the forward inclination can be uncomfortable for some because it's too close but turning then around so that they match the lines of the seat back basically eliminates their effectiveness... unless you plan to lean your head back for that "gangsta" look or a little sleep while driving. ;)

• Like 1

Seriously?  You're going to compare a minor adjustment to essentially removing the function entirely?  Granted, bending the support arms is not an ideal solution but if done carefully, it will provide enough space to provide relief without seriously compromising the structural integrity.  Those arms only have to be strong enough to keep your head from flying back too far, so as long as the arms don't get creased or crimped while bending, they will still be plenty strong enough for the purpose.

Wiz: I did not say all that, though you described our rotated head restraint as "eliminating" its effectiveness, or as "essentially removing the function entirely".

Regardless, best wishes to Quincy toward his enjoying comfort & safety with his Edge's driver head restraint.

Good luck!