ST gets horrible review

Nick Halstead

13 hours ago, akirby said:

All this angst over 3 letters (sPORt).

This just shows that there is a market for a true high performance Edge. Something with 360 to 380 HP would be suitable to carry the ST badge. With that kind of power there would be no argument . And fortunately all the ST needs to get that power is a LMS tune.

Edited by Xtra
  • Thanks 1

I am actually quite happy with the Edge ST after coming from a Focus ST with a tune on it.  It of course does not handle like the small hot hatch but it is pretty impressive for a 4600 pound vehicle.  It is quick and handles well and I even like the B&O sound system compared to the Sony in the Focus.  I do not like the engine sounds and liked the fact that I could disable the Symposer on the Focus and not hear that crap.  That was simple to get rid of since it was not through the sound system.  It would be nice if they would have just put a nice exhaust on it instead, no reason to fake it.  And yeah I agree maybe bumping power more would have been great.  But all in all it is great and only cost me 70 bucks more a month than my Focus ST lease did. 

• Like 1

ST Model should have 400hp at a minimum.

Went and drove a new one and it was no faster then my 2018 Edge Sport

I did like the new shift knob, the Pirelli tires with curb rash protection, and the improved Stereo system.

As far as the new look.........could have been better by lowering the ST model, and quad exhaust tips

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rwf78155 said:

ST Model should have 400hp at a minimum.

Went and drove a new one and it was no faster then my 2018 Edge Sport

I did like the new shift knob, the Pirelli tires with curb rash protection, and the improved Stereo system.

As far as the new look.........could have been better by lowering the ST model, and quad exhaust tips

Maybe 350-365.  Can't have 400 because the Explorer ST will have that.