Question about my new Edge ST (White Platinum, 401a, Cold Weather, 21" Wheels) arriving WEDNESDAY!!!

JCrew7384

Super excited to be taking delivery of my Edge ST on Wednesday AM, replacing my 2016 Explorer Platinum.

QUICK QUESTION: I noticed when test drove it this weekend that the Sync screen showed the Steering Wheel heat button on the home screen, not deep in the menus. Does this mean it has the latest software or dealer update? Does that mean it also has the engine sound dialed down?

I was planning to use FORSCAN to enable that and reduce the engine noise, but would be great if I didn't have to.

1 hour ago, JCrew7384 said:

Super excited to be taking delivery of my Edge ST on Wednesday AM, replacing my 2016 Explorer Platinum.

QUICK QUESTION: I noticed when test drove it this weekend that the Sync screen showed the Steering Wheel heat button on the home screen, not deep in the menus. Does this mean it has the latest software or dealer update? Does that mean it also has the engine sound dialed down?

I was planning to use FORSCAN to enable that and reduce the engine noise, but would be great if I didn't have to.

Most likely you will have no piped in engine noise. Seems to be like that on later builds. Mine was built 12-10-18 and is similar to yours. 

The piped in noise is super obvious. I have an early October build and it’s hilarious to hear it and instantly mute it by pressing sport mode off. Gets a good laugh from people riding with you. I also have the heated steering button on the home screen now but when we test drove it we had to go through the menus to find it. 

The heated steering button is a sync3 update - which you can get via a wifi download or a dealer install I imagine (I did the wifi option on mine).  After the update is appears on the home screen of sync.  For the life of me I cannot understand how that made it through qa testing as it most certainly should have come out that way from the start.

56 minutes ago, TourGuide said:

The heated steering button is a sync3 update - which you can get via a wifi download or a dealer install I imagine (I did the wifi option on mine).  After the update is appears on the home screen of sync.  For the life of me I cannot understand how that made it through qa testing as it most certainly should have come out that way from the start.

That's interesting, was it the V3.0 update? I also completed the update a month or two ago, but no change to my home screen for the heated steering wheel button unfortunately. 

For me the V3.0 update (there was another that appeared since then) brought the home screen heated steering button.  I think for some builds certain features are rolled out in different revisions - which seems strange to me - but then I don't really know much about the inner workings of the sync interface.  My comments here do not apply to the ST by the way - I have a 16 sport.

Edited by TourGuide

On 1/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, TourGuide said:

For me the V3.0 update (there was another that appeared since then) brought the home screen heated steering button.  I think for some builds certain features are rolled out in different revisions - which seems strange to me - but then I don't really know much about the inner workings of the sync interface.  My comments here do not apply to the ST by the way - I have a 16 sport.

Thank you. I've also got the 16 Sport. I'll look for that newer update. Thanks for the heads up!