Rattling noise coming from subwoofer panel...2015 Edge sport

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue. There is a rattle noise that is killing me slowly coming from the plastic panel/subwoofer cover on the passenger side cargo area. This happens whenever I turn up the volume. I was thinking of taking apart the panel and applying some foam in between the housing and the plastic. Any advice out there as to how to remove this cover/panel safely and any suggestions on how to stop this rattling? Not much of a handyman lol Advice is much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Cree said:

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue. There is a rattle noise that is killing me slowly coming from the plastic panel/subwoofer cover on the passenger side cargo area. This happens whenever I turn up the volume. I was thinking of taking apart the panel and applying some foam in between the housing and the plastic. Any advice out there as to how to remove this cover/panel safely and any suggestions on how to stop this rattling? Not much of a handyman lol Advice is much appreciated. 

it's the hooks that hold the netting, I removed them from my car, no longer rattles

5 hours ago, Cree said:

Thanks Nick, I’ll look into that for sure. Though I’m 80% sure it’s the sub panel where the wheel. Will inspect it more closely tomorrow. This just started happening. Appreciate the help 

it took me 2 years to locate my rattle with the subwoofer. Once I removed these, that I don't use. it was gone
hooks.png
hookss.png
hooksss.png

• Like 1

@Nick Halstead

I wouldn't stand the idea of the holes. I like to keep it as stock as possible. I sicked a small piece of felt on the area where the hooks close onto which removed the gap when closes. No more movement possible. Also I removed the housings of the hooks and put some tape around it where it meets the mounting area to remove any gaps. 

9 minutes ago, omar302 said:

@Nick Halstead

I wouldn't stand the idea of the holes. I like to keep it as stock as possible. I sicked a small piece of felt on the area where the hooks close onto which removed the gap when closes. No more movement possible. Also I removed the housings of the hooks and put some tape around it where it meets the mounting area to remove any gaps. 

I'm never sitting back there riding around, don't even miss them. Never ever used them either. I thought about felt but the current solution on hand was to yank them out. They are sitting wrapped in that towel near the spare tire. If this RS7 or S7 crosses my path and the Edge meets it's fate, I'll snap them right back in.

Edited by Nick Halstead

Thanks guys, looks like a reaccuring issue so I might deal with the hooks for preventative care...do any of you had a rattle or vibration in the front driver and passinger door? I have another terrible vibration on both sides in the speaker/door handle area. I can’t belive it. Just bought the car, was completely perfect sound wise, now it feels like there’s a new vibration every week lol

I found my rattling. It was coming from sub panel itself along the top where it touches the car frame in between the snap mounts. What I did was bought some long felt strips from Home Depot and stuck them on the inside where the panel meets the frame. Did the trick. 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, Cree said:

I found my rattling. It was coming from sub panel itself along the top where it touches the car frame in between the snap mounts. What I did was bought some long felt strips from Home Depot and stuck them on the inside where the panel meets the frame. Did the trick. 

I had to do that to the interior hatch panel where it rubbed against the frame. Worked great. 

• Like 1