2015-2019 Edge Sport 2.7 TT Downpipes/Catalytic Converter Pipes

snmjim

Both (Front & Rear) subject pipes available at significant savings ($500) for the pair...:happyfeet::happyfeet::happyfeet:

Only one OEM set available, new from Ford with inventory tags, bar codes & stickers, never attached to car.

Great for stock replacement or conversion to Hi-Flow Cats or going Catless.

This will allow you to retain your original pipes should you need to revert back to stock...:clapping:

Shipping cost is at the buyers expense & preference...:ford:

20181101_160632.jpg

20181101_160642.jpg

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - I’ve been somewhat of a shadow member, but recently started purchasing per your recommendations. To date, I have a lms 93 tune, rmm, jlt catch can, and ordered h&r springs.

Im interested in the downpipe setup you all have been developing. Curious if these subject pipes would be a nice sound/performance boost or if I should hold off for what’s to come?

Thanks for all the insight.

*edit...answered my own question.

Edited by bcenter91

21 hours ago, bcenter91 said:

Hello - I’ve been somewhat of a shadow member, but recently started purchasing per your recommendations. To date, I have a lms 93 tune, rmm, jlt catch can, and ordered h&r springs.

Im interested in the downpipe setup you all have been developing. Curious if these subject pipes would be a nice sound/performance boost or if I should hold off for what’s to come?

Thanks for all the insight.

*edit...answered my own question.

Hey there bcenter91!

Thnx 4 lurking us...lol

If you've been following our exhaust Sys research & development section:

You'll be able to stay abreast of our developments however, to give you what we have so far the following applies:

Not knowing the depth of your knowledge in this area I'll make the assumption that you are just beginning therefore, you will probably get more details than needed. So going forward I wanna clarify that the down pipe is the section of exhaust pipe that comes immediately off of the Turbo and in today's technology manufactures are generally placing the catalytic converter as close to the Turbo as possible therefore, they makeup a large part of the downpipe Assy.

The catalytic converter in itself creates exhaust pressure resistance which reduces the amount of free flow from the Turbo which is another horse power consumer. Generally when replacing down pipes you either have the catalytic converters removed, then you'll have to deal with your local emissions requirements, there are ways of dealing with that of which I'd be more than happy to discuss if desired, and the other option is for those who are trying to stay in compliance of local emissions requirements can go with what's called a high flow catalytic converter which reduces some of the exhaust pressure restriction. 

So all of this to say if you're looking to just change the exhaust signature of your engine I would not recommend changing the down pipes due to the amount of labor involved but instead change everything after the down pipes to the exhaust system that will give you the exhaust signature you desire.

Note: removing the catalytic converters and going with what we call catless or straight pipes, that in itself will change the exhaust signature and will require use of various types of resonators and/or muffler Combos depending on what you're trying to achieve.

I repeat...generally the down pipes are not changed out unless you're looking for maximum performance but yes it will make an awesome exhaust signature difference...:hat_tip:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

Thanks for the in depth explanation, I really appreciate it. You called it, i'm extremely new to auto modding. It's been great learning about all the nuances and even better having an SUV with potential. I was actually sucked into all of this through my younger cousin, who ironically was also the one that sold me my edge. I'm around 6'8", so had a limited selection but wanted something with a kick. We always talked about working on the 2.7 ecoboost, but he unfortunately passed away before we had a chance. Long story short, i'm looking to maximize performance and it sounds like I need to hold off for the downpipes you're developing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Happy for you, sad for me LOL.

Why?  Coz it reminds me I still don't have a Gen 2 Sport!!!

I can fix that...???

I know of a couple Ole people who are selling their Gen 2.

They just use it as a grocery getter, never pushed or modified, the perfect resale.

• Like 2