2015 Sport 21” Big brake kit

Most drilled rotors aren't going to give you more stopping power. The heat dissipation is going to be better with a quality blank rotor than most drilled rotors.

You're better off getting a good blank rotor & decent set of pads. I'm a huge fan of Centric Premium Blanks (many auto x's & road races with no warpage). Pads, i usually go with hawk pads. HPS's are good, but you'll get a lof of brake dust. If you're fine with that, they're a really good pad. PowerStop also makes a decent ceramic pad that i had no complaints with either. 

• Like 2

On 2/23/2019 at 6:50 PM, lildisco said:

Most drilled rotors aren't going to give you more stopping power. The heat dissipation is going to be better with a quality blank rotor than most drilled rotors.

You're better off getting a good blank rotor & decent set of pads. I'm a huge fan of Centric Premium Blanks (many auto x's & road races with no warpage). Pads, i usually go with hawk pads. HPS's are good, but you'll get a lof of brake dust. If you're fine with that, they're a really good pad. PowerStop also makes a decent ceramic pad that i had no complaints with either. 

Thanks, I just like the look of the drilled. I don’t really care if they are slotted. Thanks for the reply though. I think I’m going with power stop Z23.

Dieselboy if you what the best, the real deal and you have the bucks, look into Rotora Brakes. As far as I know they are the only company making a real BBK for the Edge.  All the others offer stock diameter rotors and pads for stock calipers. Although these parts are upgraded over stock they are not a real  BBK. With Rotora you can get 6 piston calipers and 15inch slotted or cross drilled rotors.The electric parking brake will still work as well . I am not sure if the offer still stands but if you call Rotora and talk to Loren tell him Xtra sent you and you might save a few bucks. I have thrashed for hours on mine and they have never over heated or faded. I went to the canyons with another Edge owner with stock brakes and within 4 miles his had over heated and started to fade.  He could smell them cooking in his car and I could smell them as well in my car that was following him. We had to pull over and take a break to let things cool off. They were so hot that we were both amazed and a bit frightened. My Rotoras were just getting warmed up. 

post-46130-0-75208600-1493237022_thumb.jpgpost-46130-0-64376300-1493237091_thumb.jpg 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 1:57 PM, Xtra said:

Dieselboy if you what the best, the real deal and you have the bucks, look into Rotora Brakes. As far as I know they are the only company making a real BBK for the Edge.  All the others offer stock diameter rotors and pads for stock calipers. Although these parts are upgraded over stock they are not a real  BBK. With Rotora you can get 6 piston calipers and 15inch slotted or cross drilled rotors.The electric parking brake will still work as well . I am not sure if the offer still stands but if you call Rotora and talk to Loren tell him Xtra sent you and you might save a few bucks. I have thrashed for hours on mine and they have never over heated or faded. I went to the canyons with another Edge owner with stock brakes and within 4 miles his had over heated and started to fade.  He could smell them cooking in his car and I could smell them as well in my car that was following him. We had to pull over and take a break to let things cool off. They were so hot that we were both amazed and a bit frightened. My Rotoras were just getting warmed up. 

post-46130-0-75208600-1493237022_thumb.jpgpost-46130-0-64376300-1493237091_thumb.jpg 

Those are some nice looking brakes. I bought a Baer 14" 4-piston Alcon caliper kit for my Mustang. The only downside is that the rotors themselves use a Baer-specific bolt pattern where they bolt to the hat. This means I have to go to Baer for replacement rotors which are way more expensive than they should be if they were a common bolt pattern. My race car builder mechanic recommended I have custom hats made so I can buy rotors much cheaper.

I opted for the ST with the brake package and will find some good semi-metallic pads and live with that. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been following this forum for couple years and I really liked the BBK that Xtra is using. 

After going back and forth whether to invest in a brake upgrade, I finally bit the bullet and bought the kit from Rotora. Loren was great to deal with and the kit comes impressively complete with every single part you'll need to install these bad boys. (including the rear E brake servo)

I installed it last week and even though there was some modification of the rear knuckle required, it was certainly worth the time and money.

After properly bedding the brakes, I put a bunch of miles on it and there is absolutely no comparison to the factory brakes.These brakes are impressive. 

The only thing you need to worry about now is someone plowing into the back of you.

3B8E3FBB-B9FA-428E-BFE7-1E6B63429411_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.94fcb95c015732d66462e204c3cf64d6.jpeg

• Like 4