Factory boost psi?

Pharsyde6

I think I've seen mine spike 19 & settle to around 17, but if you're going to get a tune, the higher the psi doesn't necessarily mean a better tune. Many different factors come into play with a tune other than boost.

Load based tuning is what I use my CX7 & has served me pretty well with temperature changes, air density changes, etc. Soley using psi to tune can give you issues if you're not careful. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lildisco said:

I think I've seen mine spike 19 & settle to around 17, but if you're going to get a tune, the higher the psi doesn't necessarily mean a better tune. Many different factors come into play with a tune other than boost.

Load based tuning is what I use my CX7 & has served me pretty well with temperature changes, air density changes, etc. Soley using psi to tune can give you issues if you're not careful. 

I am looking at changing waste gate pressure and B.O.V.  along with several other things. I Will be using HPTuner and a dyno for all adjustments. Just wondering what psi spring to use in wastegate

1 minute ago, Nick Halstead said:

When did they finally unlock it? From my understanding about a month ago, they had no desire to even offer the Edge 2.0, neither does SCT

I will have to dig deeper into that. When I looked it up it was showing it was supported. If not I will have to find another program. 

6 hours ago, Pharsyde6 said:

I will have to dig deeper into that. When I looked it up it was showing it was supported. If not I will have to find another program. 

According to the the HPTuner website, the 2.0 is not supported.  You may have to call directly and see if it is supported. There is the possibility that their website is not up todate.

https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/

Nick is right, the only tuner at the moment to support the 2.0 is Livernois.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631154

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 03.26.43.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 03.47.45.png

You can follow this thread for more info....

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24536-20-lms-e30-tune/#comment-187493

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Thanks 1

I would assume at its power level it is somewhere near the 16 they all get with an overboost up to 19.5-21.  Since it gets basically the same power as the single scroll in the Focus ST and from what they have seen on that motor the tuning is near identical if not identical between all the 2.0 EcoBoost motors.  As for tuning, I wonder if any of the tunes from Cobb, Unleashed, Stratified and others could be adapted if someone had the knowledge and time.  I assume it is easier to tune the ST/RS models due to the lack of automatic trans needing to be controlled.  It would be interesting considering the Focus ST can get +~90ft/lbs gain in torque just with a mild safe tune and about 25Hp more on 93 octane.  Not to mention hit almost 24 psi of boost.  I got 23.8 max out of a Stratisfied 93 tune with no revisions and 22.8 on 91. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why go through all the hassle of trying to deal with tuners that don’t want to support it? 

I understand if Livernois treated you bad in the past but the tune is rock solid on my 2.0

you can actually achieve max boost from your turbo without updating any of that stuff so it’s a waste of money unless doing it for sound and if that’s the case that’s all the reason you need. I was able to max out timing and boost with e30 all stock. Now that being said I’m sure the part holding it back now is the downpipe. Most only offer it for the fwd edge and fusion. Zzp now offers for the awd fusion 2.0 but can not confirm if it will fit our edge. I’d love to get one and head back for a update.