Can you use the foot sensor on a 2019 Titanium with a hitch

We just purchased a 2019 Titanium and are thinking about mounting a trailer hitch.  My wife would like to be able to tow a small trailer to haul her kayak to where she can put it in the water.  

I've been trying to find out if a hitch will prevent using the foot sensor for the tailgate.  I've only been able to find hitches from Ford or Curt ( the later is about 1/3 less $ that OEM).  I haven't been able to find out exactly where the sensors are so I can try to figure if the hitch will interfere or if I can move them.

Any suggestions on who makes hitches that would work and if there will be interference  with the kicker opening.

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, dawastemaster said:

Any suggestions on who makes hitches that would work and if there will be interference  with the kicker opening.

I just used the forum search (searched for "sensor") to try and find the answer to your question.  There seem to be two schools of thought (obviously this question has been asked before).  Some say the existing sensor works just fine with an aftermarket hitch.  Others say they were proactive and installed the split sensor unit Ford uses with the factory hitch installation. 
Bottom line, install your hitch and see if it works.  If it does then you're good to go, come back and answer your own question for future hitch installers.  If not you might have to relocate the existing sensor slightly or pony up for the split sensor at your friendly dealer parts counter. 

Cheers!