Electrical Question...(i think)

Have a couple issues, i Recently bought i 2007 ford edge ans i noticed that the volume button on steering wheel doesnt work, nor does the mirror adjust control on door and last the gas gauge is not right..off by half a tank. Could it just be a fuse problem or do i have bigger issuses? 

A Solar BA7 type tester can determine battery health, or have it checked out at your local auto parts store.  They should have digital testers.

Pull the negative battery cable for 40+ minutes.  This will force everything to reset, and the PCM to relearn your driving style.  Should at least solve the fuel tank level issue.

I found with my 2007 that leaving the ignition on during a fill up would screw with the gas gauge.  My mirrors were screwed up when I bought it and I discovered the switch was bad.  Cheap part on EBay.  Do you have an OE radio in the car? If not you probably won't have use of these controls.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:15 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

A Solar BA7 type tester can determine battery health, or have it checked out at your local auto parts store.  They should have digital testers.

Pull the negative battery cable for 40+ minutes.  This will force everything to reset, and the PCM to relearn your driving style.  Should at least solve the fuel tank level issue.

Thank you i will try it. 

16 hours ago, PaulSchott said:

I found with my 2007 that leaving the ignition on during a fill up would screw with the gas gauge.  My mirrors were screwed up when I bought it and I discovered the switch was bad.  Cheap part on EBay.  Do you have an OE radio in the car? If not you probably won't have use of these controls.

Sorry but what do u mean oe radio? 

The radio controls on your steering wheel will not work with an aftermarket head unit, unless, you use another aftermarket interface to keep the controls (PAC and Metra make them), here’s an example:

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-RC-Steering-Control-Interface/dp/B004HKBY8G/

Unfortunately, the PAC controller may not be compatible with bargain brand units (e.g boss audio).  It may work, you would have to look into it.

The mirror switch may be a fuse and the gas gauge can just be a hiccup related to your last fill.  Pull the battery and let the car “electric system” reset.