Re-Programming Edge for Differant things...

Like on my 2005 Focus ST, I can program the doors to unlock with one push of the remote button, I know this works on the Edge as I just did it. For those that do not know, lock the car, wait for the autolights to go off, then hold down the lock and unlock remote buttons at the same time till the tail lights flash...now you are reprogrammed for one press unlocking for all doors at once :-)

However are there any other secret codes on the Edge like turning off the seatbelt reminder, or the ability to turn on or off the auto locking of the doors (which I also was able to change ont he Focus...will have to try the Focus's codes tomorrow).

Thanks for the help....

2007 Ford Edge AWD SEL+

Hi modette99. :D As Lex stated, these are not "secret codes". They are all outlined (in detail) in our Owners Manuals.

We don't need to study the Manual like we are having an exam, but everyone should at least take a quick look through it so they can get to know some of these "secrets". As you will see, there are quite a few programmable options on the Edge (as in most new vehicles).

For thosw who have lost their Owners Manuals or purchased used and did not get one, you can download a PDF version here: LINK: Owners Manuals. Hover your cursor over "Maintenance". Click on "Owners Manuals". Then just fill in the drop down boxes with your vehicle information.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi modette99. :D As Lex stated, these are not "secret codes". They are all outlined (in detail) in our Owners Manuals.

We don't need to study the Manual like we are having an exam, but everyone should at least take a quick look through it so they can get to know some of these "secrets". As you will see, there are quite a few programmable options on the Edge (as in most new vehicles).

For thosw who have lost their Owners Manuals or purchased used and did not get one, you can download a PDF version here: LINK: Owners Manuals. Hover your cursor over "Maintenance". Click on "Owners Manuals". Then just fill in the drop down boxes with your vehicle information.

So is there one for seatbelt reminder? I'm too lazy to look in the manual, and besides I have never looked at an owners manual in my life, why start now?

Otherwise thanks for the slight help there...I did not realize thanks like seatbelt reminder, programming new remotes and what not where detailed in the manuals. *shrug*

So is there one for seatbelt reminder? I'm too lazy to look in the manual, and besides I have never looked at an owners manual in my life, why start now?

Otherwise thanks for the slight help there...I did not realize thanks like seatbelt reminder, programming new remotes and what not where detailed in the manuals. *shrug*

Hi modette. :D Yes, you can turn off the seatbelt reminder if you choose to do so. The instructions are in the Owners Manual.

As Lex and I stated earlier, you can program or turn on/off: the auto-locks, auto-headlights, program the headlight delay, etc etc. And again, there are detailed instructions in the Owners Manual.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 1 year later...

An old post for sure, but the link is still valid for the 2010 models too.

THANKS FOR THE LINK!

“Like on my 2005 Focus ST, I can program the doors to unlock with one push of the remote button, I know this works on the Edge as I just did it. For those that do not know, lock the car, wait for the autolights to go off, then hold down the lock and unlock remote buttons at the same time till the tail lights flash...now you are reprogrammed for one press unlocking for all doors at once :-) “

Great find, I’m always pushing the button multiple :censored:

times to get it unlocked (probably pushing too quick)

I looked in the manual :reading: but couldn't find the “not "secret codes"."?

Anyway reprogramming complete NOW if I could find the “not "secret codes" " for my 05 F250 I would reprogram it.

ab

Edited by ablb

Why is it everyone elses resposibility to read the manual for you . I'm guessing your the one stuck someplace because you dont know how or where to do something simple to get back on the road.

Why is it everyone elses resposibility to read the manual for you . I'm guessing your the one stuck someplace because you dont know how or where to do something simple to get back on the road.

I'm waiting on bbf or lex to post the "not "secret codes" " location.

I did read the manual.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owne...als/results.asp

NOTE: modette99 hasn't been back, wonder why :finger::rant: etc.

ab

Hi modette. :D Yes, you can turn off the seatbelt reminder if you choose to do so. The instructions are in the Owners Manual.

As Lex and I stated earlier, you can program or turn on/off: the auto-locks, auto-headlights, program the headlight delay, etc etc. And again, there are detailed instructions in the Owners Manual.

Good luck. :beerchug:

There is an obvious, and RIGHT way to turn off the seatbelt reminder and that is to just buckle up. I had a 99 Mustang when I was in college and was in the habit of not buckling up till I heard the seatbelt reminder. One night someone ran me off the road about 50 yards from my apartment and I had not buckled up yet and also had my windows down. 2 months later I woke up from a coma paralyzed from the bottom of my neck down. I'm not trying to act like your mother here....but there is a reason they have that reminder....don't ignore it.

There is an obvious, and RIGHT way to turn off the seatbelt reminder and that is to just buckle up. I had a 99 Mustang when I was in college and was in the habit of not buckling up till I heard the seatbelt reminder. One night someone ran me off the road about 50 yards from my apartment and I had not buckled up yet and also had my windows down. 2 months later I woke up from a coma paralyzed from the bottom of my neck down. I'm not trying to act like your mother here....but there is a reason they have that reminder....don't ignore it.

Just to back you up, I'll throw in a success story about buckling up--- I had 12,000 miles on my '84 T-Bird-- It always drove a little funny and we just hadn't had the time to get it on the front end rack-- I was in the automotive equipment business---Rarely used the seat belt in this car.

That night, it was raining and I decided to buckle up just in case-- was I ever right-- Crossing the Goethels Bridge and while in the 180 degree turn going on to the NJ turnpike, I hit a diesel fuel spill that had water on top of it. The car hit both sides of the NJ walls and when it finally came to a stop, there was not much left on the front end. The car was totaled! The only hurt I got was my hand had a small pain from the steering wheel impact. The seat belt and shoulder harness prevented me from getting hurt. I NEVER EVER ride or drive any car without buckling up-- reminder or not!! The reminder is for the passengers that forget-- I'll not move the vehicle till they are secured!

Edited by flyerjmr33

Someone this obviously (and self described) lazy shouldn't bother wearing a seatbelt. :baby: