Any turbo issues? Maintenance issues?

Lincoln81

Just picked up a 15 2.0 with 57k km on it. Works nice. Decent pick up. Comfy. I do however find the tranny shift a little hard sometimes. Besides that it's good. Mind you 3rd day I've owned it. 500km put on so far. 

How long have your turbos lasted ? Any issues ? Any other maintenace things I should know about ?

Dealer put seafoam in when I picked it up to clean carbon. Check engine light is on. Said to wait a few days for it to clear... seeing on forums that seafoam or other products are bad for EcoBoost engines?

All help is appreciated

Edited by Lincoln81
Typo

Welcome and congrats!  Pics?

Cannot say enough about replacing fluids regularly with the 2.0.  It really really loves fresh engine oil and transmission fluid.

Seafoam is fine as long as the user has experience with it.  But you will need to change the engine oil soon after, do not leave the dirty oil in there.  If there is a lot of carbon buildup on the intake valves, it can be a problem as that carbon can chunk off and destroy the turbo.  With less than 40K miles on it, you are likely ok.

I'll get pics when I get it all cleaned up. Been raining here all day. 

It's got a few small scratches I hope to buff out as well. 

Check engine light is off. It's got great power. I changed the engine air filter today. Old one was pretty plugged. Seems to be running better. I'll call dealer tomorrow to schedule trans fluid replacement and oil change. 

I also would like to change 4 inch screen to something better but these have limited options