Considering buying a Ford Edge Sport

jmvdude

Hello all,

I'm new here. I'm considering buying a ford edge sport with the 2.7 ecoboost engine.  I drove a new 2018 yesterday at the dealer and was overall pretty impressed with it; unfortunately, although they were offering really good incentives to move the 2018 models, it was still beyond my budget.  Locally there are some 2015 models, with the AC seats and sunroof (must-have options for me), with 30-40k miles, priced around $24,000 which is right in the sweet spot for me budget wise. 

I hope this isn't in the wrong place, but I wanted to see if there was a place for me to see, in detail, any changes between the model years that might affect my decision. The dealer sales rep told me that the 2018 models added Apple Car Play, which I would like to have, but the ~$13,000 price difference from a 2015 with reasonable miles to a new 2018 seems really steep, unless there are other changes I'm missing.

Also curious what feedback there is regarding common problems with the car, and thoughts on general overall reliability. Anything I should be specifically watching out for on a used purchase?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Apple Carplay can be had in a 2016 if you change the USB in the center console.

Apple Carplay becomes standard with 2017 and up. 

If you do decide on a 2015 you can upgrade your infotainment unit to Sync 3 for about 1k, or less if you source the parts yourself.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 5:27 PM, jmvdude said:

Thanks, that’s a huge help! I didn’t realize there was a infotainment generation upgrade in the model years. Can anyone outline how different sync 2 and sync 3 are, or give me a good link to read on?

A member recently made a detailed post on the differences. 

Here is the link.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...