this is my modification so far for my edge..check em out?

table of contents: interior

8 diamond component tweeters

4 boston SL speakers..

double din dts 660w head unit ipod/ 6 channel output/ reverse camera / 25x5 mofset pre amp/ and ect.

jl 12" w6v2 with alpine 800 watts amp

kenwood kac- 8403..60x4 rms 4/3/2 watts amp. 180 watts rms in 2 channel. and 800 watts peak in mono channel. bridgeable

dual head rest monitor 10.5" LCD made by concept

directed sst 1 mile range python pager, remote start, alarm system

apple mac mini with core 2 duo

350 watts power inveter from radio shack

pc to tv converter gigaware from radio shack

exterior

6000 k hid lights

20 inch zinik violi rims

nitto 420 tires

2.5" cat back pipe with flow master super 40 sounds deeper now

pictures

post-914-1216156881_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216156866_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216156926_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216156942_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216156954_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216156985_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216157018_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216157035_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216157060_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216157474_thumb.jpg

post-914-1216156998_thumb.jpg

Edited by xtremedge808

okay.. I am a huge Mac fan, been using for +20 years.. so I am interested in exactly what you can do with that Mini hooked up? please expand on that mod a bit more would ya.

no doubt you have some extreme mods there, pretty tricky and techie

benefits:

1. you can use front row by the remote..you can view itunes,picture, dvd, video

2. go to the internet >>>> requires a wireless modem like HTC PC phones , sprint air card, or clearwire

3. edit your office work last minute in the car using power point, word, excel and ect.

4. you can chat using your ichat, yahoo messenger, and msn

5. your can easily access your email using your imail

tools you need

go radioshack.com

1. a mac mini >>> 100 watts consumption

2.Double Din head unit with aux video, aux sound input

3..pc to tv converter: gigaware converter

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

4.power inverter

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

5. y- cable for audio and a long video cable

3.5mm jack to left and right channel rca"red and white plug"

just regular yellow coded plug for video

pretty cool stuff there you can do... I like that type of ability and even more so that you did it with a Mac. it would be nice, say while traveling, to have web access. it is just the fact you did it that I like and made it work.

but don't let Akriby found out you are doing any of this neat stuff while driving or he might have a conniption fit :)

Because you don't really need to watch the road while you're driving, do you?

heck no.. all he needs to do now is hook up a few iSight cameras, one facing rear and one facing front, and viola... drive by computer ;)

all jokes aside.. you could actually hook up a camera now that I think about it as I see he has 1 FW port open.. that has interesting potential actually

heck no.. all he needs to do now is hook up a few iSight cameras, one facing rear and one facing front, and viola... drive by computer ;)

all jokes aside.. you could actually hook up a camera now that I think about it as I see he has 1 FW port open.. that has interesting potential actually

actually im trying to do a new concept about hooking up a integrated mini webcam custom fit on the rear view mirror

benefits:

you can be able to chat webcam to webcam conversation=]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi xtreme,

Where did you mount that amplifier? is that the floor underneath the backseat?

I had my stock speakers replaced with Kicker KS680's and now I'm looking for an amp that will fit under the rear seats without being crushed whenever they are in a flattened position. The installer looked under the seats when they were in this position, and noticed how the seat bottoms shift downward almost flush to the floor. He was afraid to put anything under there. He suggested I look for the smallest amp I could find (memphis, pioneer).

Edited by cbEdge

Hi xtreme,

Where did you mount that amplifier? is that the floor underneath the backseat?

I had my stock speakers replaced with Kicker KS680's and now I'm looking for an amp that will fit under the rear seats without being crushed whenever they are in a flattened position. The installer looked under the seats when they were in this position, and noticed how the seat bottoms shift downward almost flush to the floor. He was afraid to put anything under there. He suggested I look for the smallest amp I could find (memphis, pioneer).

the one you saw in the picture is my first try to install that 4 channel amp. i just drilled that amp in the back of the seat =]

i drilled the mono amp in the back of my subwoofer box and the 4 channel amp in the spare tire compartment =]

ps

if u wanna put the 4 channel amp in the spare tire compartment...you will need to buy 4 radio shack ball bearing cooling fans for good air ciculation

[fan[fan|amp|fan]fan]air goes this way ====>..i already tried it at 98F at 12:00 noon in a open parking lot and i never found any overheating issues. subwoofer is kinda critical in this temperature range so dont go over 55 db rms. subwoofer is very sensitive to heat =[

Edited by xtremedge808