Motor Week Driver Choice Award

Sage

I watched Motor Week as they had their driver choice award.  For mid sized SUVs, their pick was the 19 Edge, which included the ST by name.  They basically stated the new design for the new Edge and for the price point, the ST’s were a good choice.  

Finally someone gave it a like....LOL  back when I was looking at them the 51K scared me and the bloggers were hating on it for the price and telling everyone every car you could buy for that price...BUT now that you can get them for $ 11,000 off MSRP now that changes everything.   So I paid 39,473 loaded except for the brake package and for the money I feel I got allot a car and nothing else in that price "Brand New" is out there and believe me I looked. 

12 hours ago, vmaxbaby said:

Finally someone gave it a like....LOL  back when I was looking at them the 51K scared me and the bloggers were hating on it for the price and telling everyone every car you could buy for that price...BUT now that you can get them for $ 11,000 off MSRP now that changes everything.   So I paid 39,473 loaded except for the brake package and for the money I feel I got allot a car and nothing else in that price "Brand New" is out there and believe me I looked. 

That $50K price point seems to scare a lot of people.  The dealer I got mine from has 4 of them, one has been there since before I bought mine.  They have only sold the one I have and it was a dealer trade since I did not want the one they had.  Another dealer has 2 and they have had one of them since before I got mine and have not sold one yet.  Another just got theirs a few weeks ago.  These are all in the 20 mile radius of me.  So 7 of them just sitting on the lots.  Heck one dealer has 18 2019 Explorers on their lot with 2 of them being Sport models, with the new 2020's on the way.  I have had mine since 12/31/18.  And we only have around $2500 in rebates on the ones in our area.  The Explorers now are a better deal since they have almost $9K in rebates and dealer cash, in this area. 

You got a deal at $11K off since we don't get those kinds of rebates and dealer cash here, sadly it varies by location. 

35 minutes ago, vmaxbaby said:

What I found that was very interesting was the dealer told me different states have different deals and I thought it was global.   He said allot of times Florida has extra discounts which made no sense and he couldn't explain why. 

Simple.  Those extra rebates are coming from the local dealer associations.   Every vehicle that is sold carries a dealer advertising fee which is usually around $300-$600.   They can use that for advertising and/or rebates.  Ford also targets certain parts of the country based on inventory or local market conditions.   It's been that way for several years now.   You almost never see all the rebates on the Ford national website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vmaxbaby said:

What I found that was very interesting was the dealer told me different states have different deals and I thought it was global.   He said allot of times Florida has extra discounts which made no sense and he couldn't explain why. 

Different area in the same states have different rebates.  Trust me my dad was the F&I guy at the dealer I got mine at until a few months ago when he changed positions.  In NYS they are different in say the Albany area than in Northern NY.