Ford Edge Forum

9 hours ago, miket said:

i had my windshield replaced in my 19 sel made a small improvement not perfect will live with it for awhile

Was it really worth it?… only you know... but that's why I said (in one of my previous posts) that " I'd rather live with it and keep it like that than having the dealer replace the windshield and risk having the paint scratched", etc... and now seeing that it didn't make such a difference after all...

Claude. 

Just my .02 (don't have the distortion issue with my '16) for those fearing they'd just get another distorted shield with a replacement.  Tell the dealer you want to inspect the new windshield 'before' the old one is removed from your Edge.  If the new one is clear you're good to go.  If not send it back.  Simple!
BTW very few (maybe zero) dealers do their own glass replacement.  Generally they send it out to a body or glass shop so it would be installed by a pro, not the Ford shop intern.

14 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Was it really worth it?… only you know... but that's why I said (in one of my previous posts) that " I'd rather live with it and keep it like that than having the dealer replace the windshield and risk having the paint scratched", etc... and now seeing that it didn't make such a difference after all...

Claude. 

not really i will wait and see how the glass looks in the 2020 models this problem should be corrected i hope

My appointment to replace my front windshield, back windshield, one vent cover on my dash and my 12volt plug is on Monday. I'll let everyone know how it goes.