Adding Navigation - How Do I Do That?

I just bought a used 2015 SEL that has the large center dash display screen.  I read in the owner's manual that an SD card would have been included with the vehicle when it was new for using navigation.  However, I searched the interior and it is not there.  I was hoping to add the navigation feature to the vehicle but in looking at the existing software under the system information screen I see the following information: serial number, vehicle  identification number, CCP/U S/W version, Sirius ESN, Gracenote Information.  I don't see application software for navigation.  In doing some YouTube research the videos I have watched seem to start out with a navigation app already there.  Then the videos goes into using the FORSCAN program for changing module settings.

So, my question is how do I add navigation?  Is there a way to do it without going to a dealer?   

If you look at the upper right corner of your screen, does it say "Information'' or "Navigation" ? … If it says "Navigation" then your vehicle has the GPS feature but if it says "Information", then you're screwed, no GPS.

As for the SD cards obviously they're for vehicles which have the GPS feature and they contain the program with all the maps etc, and can be updated for a more recent one if necessary.

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U

• 4 months later...

No, I set the navigation thing aside until I can get the rear camera active white steering lines to work properly when it is in reverse.  I didn't want to install new software that might make the camera quit completely.  What I have found out along the way over the last 6 months is that MFT and Sync are the lousiest software packages that Ford could have chosen, and this comes from Ford engineers.