Smaller Key Fob

You 'might' be able to use a Ford fob that doesn't include a remote start button.  That would shrink it by a half inch (13mm) or so.  Replacement OEM remotes are all over eBay.  Another option, albeit a dangerous one, take the fob out of your pocket and leave it in the car.  Use the door keypad to lock/unlock.   Final option, stop wearing such tight pants! ;)

19 hours ago, Waruthke said:

I love the functionality of the fob but I feel as though it can be made a bit smaller, it’s huge in my pocket. Has someone done this or can someone point me in the direction of an online retailer that sells a replacement fob case? 

As stated above, there is no way to change to a smaller fob. As your Edge's year is not mentioned, which Fob do you have? I think they switched to the new style end of 2017. Maybe you'd prefer the other style, but both are similarly sized.

16 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

You 'might' be able to use a Ford fob that doesn't include a remote start button.  That would shrink it by a half inch (13mm) or so.  Replacement OEM remotes are all over eBay.  Another option, albeit a dangerous one, take the fob out of your pocket and leave it in the car.  Use the door keypad to lock/unlock.   Final option, stop wearing such tight pants! ;)

The fob sizes are similar, just the number of buttons change.

Edited by omar302

Here is a possible solution. Its just a matter of how important having a smaller keyfob is to you.

This will allow you to lock and unlock and remote start via your cell phone. This way you can lock your keyfob in your car with your phone and go about your business. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Plug-Install-MyCar-App-Plug-Play-Remote-Start-fits-2015-2018-Ford-Edge/142799828813?hash=item213f88774d:g:CqwAAOSw7Bda63Bl142799828813?hash=item213f88774d:g:CqwAA

There is a factory ford remote start open and lock via phone kit available but it is really old and hard to get.  Personally I feel that Ford removed them from inventory when they started conceptualizing and or marketing smart link. 

Or you can buy Fordpass Smartlink but I'm not sure on the availability on that as well. 

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1