Battery issues

Orbie

Hi All,

I've had my ST now for about 4 months, it's been very reliable up to a few days ago. For some reason if I don't drive the ST for a day, the next day I'll come out in the morning to start or get in the car and the batterwill be completely dead.

This has now happened twice in the last 3 days. I haven't changed anything on the car, it is stock, the only thing I have plugged in is my ipod in the front console (wireless charging compartment). I've had that thing plugged in there since day 1 of ownership. I've been able to go multiple days in the past without driving it and it starts up fine. 

Is anyone else seeing continuous dead battery issues on their ST's? I don't think it's unreasonable to think I can leave drive my car for a couple of days and not have it die on me.

Thanks!

It could be a number of things, parasitic draw, battery failing prematurely, ......

With it being new , my suggestion would be to have the dealership do a parasitic draw test and a battery load test.

You could also get the battery load test done at free at places like Autzone, and at least you'll know before heading to the dealership.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update here in case it helps anyone else, had the dealership do a parasitic draw test and test the battery itself. The parasitic draw test came back negative, but the battery itself failed load testing so they replaced the battery under warranty.

Crazy that a battery would fail in 4 months of ownership so hopefully it's just an oddity. Will update this thread if anything further happens down the road.

Thanks for all the replies and feedback!

• Like 1