Hey everyone! New to the forum, and love it! Very informative! I bought a new (new to me) 2016 Edge Titanium. Absolutely love it. Awesome ride. The only disappointment is the factory HIDs. Not bright enough for me. I put a set of LEDs my other Edge that had factory Halogens. That was amazingly bright and loved the colour. Matched the fogs perfectly. In doing some research, it seems I can’t put the LEDs in my new ride with the factory HIDs. I’m currently trying to find a much brighter D3S bulb around the 6000K mark. Trying to find the same colour as the LED fogs. I’ve found a set of Osram blue boost that are aground 5500-5700K once their warmed up. A little pricy though but I don’t mind as long as their brighter than the stock ones. Since I’m in Canada, I have the DRLs also. I’d like to change them out also but not sure if I can just plug in some LEDs for them or not... I think they are an H15 bulb? can anyone give me some suggestions for the headlight bulbs and the DRLs? 

I would greatly appreciate it!! ?

Thanks in advance!! 

Scott. 

Edited by SWC

Welcome to the forums.

I have been using the D3S PHILIPS WHITE VISION 5000K for approximately a year now. They are brighter than stock and whiter, very close to the signature LEDs in the bumper.

For DRL, I purchased a set of 50W H15 bulbs from AliExpress, they were too bright for me, I kept feeling that people would think I have the high beams on. Then replaced them with 30W version and I blocked off the lights firing straight out. Under the lens portion of the bulb, the lens screws off and put an aluminum foil under it. Now they are more "Factory" like for DRL lights.

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome to the forum. 

I am currently D3S: OSRAM XENARC 66340 CBI. They are 5500k. You can purchase them from:  D3S: OSRAM XENARC 66340 CBI  I have been thinking about the changing out the DRL. Just haven't given it much thought.  I might have to check out the bulbs that Omar mentioned.

You may find this video informative.  I've been curious about the Osram Xenark 66340 Night Breaker Laser.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Congrats and welcome to the forum. 

I am currently D3S: OSRAM XENARC 66340 CBI. They are 5500k. You can purchase them from:  D3S: OSRAM XENARC 66340 CBI  I have been thinking about the changing out the DRL. Just haven't given it much thought.  I might have to check out the bulbs that Omar mentioned.

You may find this video informative.  I've been curious about the Osram Xenark 66340 Night Breaker Laser.    

These are the H15 bulbs I got.

Since we are talking about LEDs, these are the best I've tried for the rear license plate lights. They had the most uniform illumination. Other bulbs I tried always had more light to the right side due to how the bulb would through the light pattern.

As for the video posted, the problem with this comparo is that he is only measuring the highest point of the beam, which doesn't necessarily mean brighter vision for the driver. I know on my Edge, the Philips White Vision Gen2 are brighter than the stock Osram HBI even on the low beams. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve looked into the Phillips white vision and they claim they are very close to a LED colour. I m thinking I might purchase these.. ? I’ve also looked at the Osram Night Brraker laser. They are only 4300K and nervous that they won’t be the same colour as the signature LEDs in the bumper. Omar: the H15 you used in the DRLs.. Are they LED? 

Thanks again guys! 

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

These are the H15 bulbs I got.

Since we are talking about LEDs, these are the best I've tried for the rear license plate lights. They had the most uniform illumination. Other bulbs I tried always had more light to the right side due to how the bulb would through the light pattern.

As for the video posted, the problem with this comparo is that he is only measuring the highest point of the beam, which doesn't necessarily mean brighter vision for the driver. I know on my Edge, the Philips White Vision Gen2 are brighter than the stock Osram HBI even on the low beams. 

These are the bulbs that my co worker recommended to me, He has them in a 2018 Edge SEL.  They seem to have to even light output between both of them.  I was throughly impressed with them when I saw them.  iJDMTOY-OEM-Fit-License-Plate-Light 

Your bulbs are much cheaper and If I buy a lot of them I can use them in the interior as well.

That's a good point about the video, Something that should definitely be take into consideration when evaluating potential differences in brightness, reach, illumination etc.  That video came out well after I had my Osrams. 

1 hour ago, SWC said:

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve looked into the Phillips white vision and they claim they are very close to a LED colour. I m thinking I might purchase these.. ? I’ve also looked at the Osram Night Brraker laser. They are only 4300K and nervous that they won’t be the same colour as the signature LEDs in the bumper. Omar: the H15 you used in the DRLs.. Are they LED? 

Thanks again guys! 

The 4300k are a cooler bulb. I was thinking that the benefits would outweigh the cooler bulb. The osrams I recommended are a perfect match for the DRL in the bumper. Mine are 5500k Omar's are 5000k I don't think that the 500k difference is going to make that much of a difference to all but the most discerning eye.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I have an 2015 edge sport and I’m having the same issue with my edge it’s like the factory HID cutoff is too steep as its hard to see at night, so at this moment I’m using my edge as a test bed for A quad beam retrofit; if you all would like to see this happening then please do subscribe & like my content on YouTube! 

44ABA715-E2C8-437A-9A46-24A88C7F2E51.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SportMan360 said:

Hi guys, I have an 2015 edge sport and I’m having the same issue with my edge it’s like the factory HID cutoff is too steep as its hard to see at night, so at this moment I’m using my edge as a test bed for A quad beam retrofit; if you all would like to see this happening then please do subscribe & like my content on YouTube! 

YouTube is Bass-Speed 23 

3 minutes ago, SportMan360 said:

4 minutes ago, SportMan360 said:

YouTube: Bass-Speed 23