Put flex fuel (e55-e85) in my EcoBoost 2.0, should I worry???

DrivingofftheEdge

Dropping the tank might be the only way.  How much is in it now?  If it's a half tank or less you might be able to fill it up with pure gasoline and dilute it enough to get by and do it again at 3/4 tank.  But use pure gasoline not E10.

Octane isn't the problem - ethanol has a lot higher octane than E-10.

Ethanol has a very high evaporation temperature, so it doesn't like cold starts.  That's one of the main reasons most vehicles are not E85 compatible.  Another reason is because the ethanol can "eat" rubber and other components in the fuel system over time.

My advice would be to just keep filling up the gas tank with some good premium non-ethanol fuel every day or two until you've put about 15 gallons in.  That will dilute it down until eventually you're back to normal.  Just take it super easy driving on cold starts and try to stay out of the boost at all times.  I think one tank won't be enough to do any permanent damage, but that's just my opinion, no guarantees.

• Like 1