2016 Edge Titanium - Lower Doors Full of Gravel

cleekoguy

For those of you living in the Northern Climbs,  this is what we see after driving on Winter slushy, gravel roads near our home.

Somehow the slush and crap collects inside the lower part of all 4 doors.  I have to clean out road sand and gravel by hand everytime I drive it on these roads.

I've never had a vehicle collect so much filth inside the doors before like this one.

Anyone else have this same complaint?  We like everything else about our Edge.

G.

Back when I had my '16 Titanium, I had the same issue. I complained about it at my dealer and there was indeed a service bulletin about this problem. They replaced all the lower weatherstrips, added a small deflector behind the front wheels, all this at no charge and you know what?…It worked wonders! No more (or very little) debris at the bottom of the doors. I since traded it for a '19 Titanium and they now come from the factory with the new "updated" weatherstripping version and deflector, etc...

Also, when the dealer did the update on my '16, it was still under warranty but I'm not sure if it'll be covered now… The best thing is to go and ask them… but even if it' s not covered, it's really worth having it done!

Good luck!

Claude.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2019 at 12:44 PM, cleekoguy said:

Thanks everyone.

I located that TSB and I plan to visit the Ford Dealer to find out what they can do to fix this problem.

More later.

G.

Okay, here is the bad news.  Dealer wants for the parts and labor   $600.

I'm not going to do it for that cost.  Not worth it.

G.

46 minutes ago, cleekoguy said:

Okay, here is the bad news.  Dealer wants for the parts and labor   $600.

Did you price out the parts only?  Replacing a door seal and adding a splash shield shouldn't be difficult. 
Amazon has the OEM splash guards front and rear for under $100: https://amzn.to/345mXag

Here's what it looks like on the front

image.png.10f8342f78c35b48d3c0dabeced85352.png

Edited by Gadgetjq
Added photo