new 2017 Edge Titanium Owner

Skwerlee

Last weekend we picked up this beautiful pre-owned 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with the 302A equipment package. It's a one owner with about 25,700 miles on the odometer. We can tell that it was well cared for as it looks showroom new both inside and out. It came with the really nice WeatherTech floor liners for both 1st & 2nd row + the cargo liner. As a bonus it has brand new Nitto NT421Q 245/50R-20 105V tires. It's by far the nicest vehicle we've ever owned. I'm joining this forum to learn more about the Ford Edge and it's 3.5 v6. I believe them to be great vehicles as my in-laws had a 2010 that they loved and deeply regretted selling. We're still under the factory warranty however i've been considering buying the Ford Protect Premium Care ESP. Normally i would never purchase any kind of service contract however with all the gadgets on this vehicle it got me to thinking about doing so. I imagine all this technology could make for some expensive repairs once we're out of the warranty period. I found some Ford Dealerships online that sale these factory backed ESP's for far cheaper than what my local dealer quoted.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

thanks!!

Edge.jpg

10 hours ago, On The Edge of Insanity said:

The ESP is an absolute waste of money IMO.

yes i normally would agree without question. I found the 8 year 125K mile Ford Protect Premium Care ESP for about $1,700 w/$200 deductible. I was reading that the 3.5 Duratec V6 is outstanding. The only concerning thing is the internal water-pump design which can be quite an expensive repair even if it doesn't dump coolant into the oil pan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Roxy said:

Where is the temperature guage located on the dash of a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium ?

It's in the left side display.  When that screen is in 'Display' mode toggle up/down using the arrows on the left side of the steering wheel.  One of the screens will show tachometer, fuel gauge and temperature.  Here's a photo

image.png.7db36da3fc0489001a18161d472c4622.png

Edited by Gadgetjq
Added photo