How to spot FAKE Motorcraft parts

This video gives several examples of how to spot fake Chinese Motorcraft parts, such as spark plugs and ignition coils. Appearently anything sold on Ebay and several vendors on Amazon are selling close copies of Motorcraft parts. Includes filters and ignition parts (common replacment parts).

Don't Get Burned Buying Counterfeit Ford Motorcraft Parts! By Ford TechMakuloco

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDJNDb6b9A&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2

I did a search on my past orders from Amazon and all my purchases were found in the below list, except for the Mercon LV, but that was also from a reputable seller.

Some air and oil filters bought on Amazon were from Greenway Ford.

I'll be paying close attention to the seller when buying on Amazon.

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 8.20.59 AM.jpg

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Fakes have been around a long time. Right out of tech school, I worked for a small shop. About every month, a man driving around in a van showed up and was selling counterfeit parts. Remember when the Ford ignition modules were the big aluminum boxes with different colored grommets? The ones that used to fail quite regularly? Yep, he had them. At a cheap, tempting price, I might add.
The boxes had the racing Ford GT40 on the side, Motorcraft in big letters on the box, but the modules themselves were nameless, generics. We stayed away from them.

• 6 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 2:44 AM, crocoyes8 said:

Fakes have been around a long time. Right out of tech school, I worked for a small shop. About every month, a man driving around in a van showed up and was selling counterfeit parts. Remember when the Ford ignition modules were the big aluminum boxes with different colored grommets? The ones that used to fail quite regularly? Yep, he had them. At a cheap, tempting price, I might add.
The boxes had the racing Ford GT40 on the side, Motorcraft in big letters on the box, but the modules themselves were nameless, generics. We stayed away from them.

4 minutes ago, isabellfour said:

Fakes have been around a long time. Right out of tech school, I worked for a small shop. About every month, a man driving around in a van showed up and was selling counterfeit parts.

Is this a troll post? Or am I missing something?