2018 EDGE 3.5 AWD

altus255

i HAVE A 2018 EDGE 3.5 TITANIUM WITH ABOUT 37000 MILES ON IT.  WITH MODERATE ACCELERATION THE ENGINE SOUNDS LIKE A 1980'S FOUR CYLINDER FLOORED.  EG. IT WAS A QUICK BUY AS I HAD  HIT A DEER.  ARE THESE THINGS JUST GENERALLY NOISY?  i KNOW IT HAS VARIABLE INTAKE ON EXHAUST AND INTAKE, WHICH DOESN'T HELP QUIETNESS ESPECIALLY IN A AMERICAN MADE ENGINE.  AT ONE TIME I HAD A 4.6 IN A CROWN VIC AND IT WAS NEVER AS NOISY AS THIS 3.5 EVEN AT ABOUT 200,000 MILES.

1 hour ago, altus255 said:

i HAVE A 2018 EDGE 3.5 TITANIUM WITH ABOUT 37000 MILES ON IT.  WITH MODERATE ACCELERATION THE ENGINE SOUNDS LIKE A 1980'S FOUR CYLINDER FLOORED.  EG. IT WAS A QUICK BUY AS I HAD  HIT A DEER.  ARE THESE THINGS JUST GENERALLY NOISY?  i KNOW IT HAS VARIABLE INTAKE ON EXHAUST AND INTAKE, WHICH DOESN'T HELP QUIETNESS ESPECIALLY IN A AMERICAN MADE ENGINE.  AT ONE TIME I HAD A 4.6 IN A CROWN VIC AND IT WAS NEVER AS NOISY AS THIS 3.5 EVEN AT ABOUT 200,000 MILES.

Welcome.

A combination of Caps Lock and the lack of punctuation, neither being against the rules, makes for a very difficult read and quite possibly many experienced auto enthusiast members might not be able to decipher it, which may result in your post not receiving any valuable responses.

It might be in your best interest to give it another try.

Edited by 1004ron
  • Like 3

Altus,

My '16 Titanium with 3.5L engine isn't noisy at all.  I know Ford deleted the foam engine cover and hood insulation beginning with the '19 models.  Take a look under the hood and see if those items are missing on yours.  If they are both can be ordered from your dealership or online.

20 hours ago, Engr146 said:

My 07 SEL 3.5  very quiet engine and trans, has no engine cover but does have a hood blanket unlike my  2019 SEL which I had to puchase one from ford.

Did all of the attaching hardware come with it and was it just a direct snap in procedure ?

And do you have the part number handy ?