2017 for Edge Led turn signal installed

Hi i just install led turn signal from lasfit for my 2017 ford edge titanium. So interesting thing is when my car light is off turn signal work perfectly fine but when i turn lights on it act differently like turn signal go dimmer and it will get hyper flash. So again when my car light are off it work fine but when its on it just doesn’t work as it should be. Is there way to stop this. Please help I literally search everything cant find anything. Thanks

here is video of whats happening: From inside and outside 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gpo3yU8kZ4Gl79GmW0V-1-BiUtxktH9o/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MYfp5SWTFbNfEjtFh6y7h7NziNZFcSyc/view?usp=drivesdk

A5AB2737-CC0E-4A5D-9D13-D225DE9DC61C.png

Edited by Ruben

I believe your problem is coming from the fact that the parking light is the same turn signal bulb only with 5 volts. In other words, for the bulb to function as a turn signal it is supplied with 12 volts and when parking light is required it is supplied with 5 volts. So with parking light and turn signal on, it is switching from 5v to 12v and so on which is not playing nice with LED bulb.

In this post I had disabled the 5V parking light function (position light). Might want to try it.

Also, could you please post a comparison between stock and LED signals? Preferable right & left at the same time? I have tried several LED signal bulbs but they were always noticably less bright than the stock bulb.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ruben said:

So if i get switchback led and install to it. After i disable parking light does switchback gonna work? Have you tried it 

I didn't try it. But I don't think it will work plug & play because there won't be power supply for the parking light. You'll have to run a wire for 12v parking light.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruben said:

So if i get switchback led and install to it. After i disable parking light does switchback gonna work? Have you tried it 

No, switch back will need extra wiring.  I put these in and they are really bright and work well on my 2015 gen , No dimness or any problems casue the come with built in capacitors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742R3GLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by vega
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ruben said:

Hi Ruben,
I believe you installed the wrong type of switchback harness.  As Omar pointed out the voltage drop is causing part of your problem, the lack of a proper resistor is causing another.

The style you 'need' looks like the one in this link (it's installed in my '16 with no issues for nearly a year) https://amzn.to/2V47Qv6
Notice there's an extra wire.  It's there to power the white (parking/drl) lights when turn signals aren't operating.  It's plugged into a switched circuit in the engine compartment fuse box using an Add-a-Fuse.  With this setup the white leds are getting full power all the time.

About the hyperflash, there are two ways to fix it.  Either use 6 ohm resistors as shown in the link or, if you have and know how to use FORScan simply turn off hyperflash.  With that done you don't need the resistors.  It 'might' (no guarantees) even work in your situation.  Here's the code change needed via FORScan:

Toggle Hyperflash On/Off

Front (Bulbs) 16-19MY BCM 726-27-01 x*xx xxxx xxzz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled (Default) —

Rear (Bulbs) 16-19MY BCM 726-27-02 xxxx xxxx x*zz 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled (Default)

• Like 1