2017 Ford Edge Sport rear turn signal not working

2017 Ford Edge Sport driver side rear turn signal blinker not working. Just replaced the tail light assembly (busted the old one). Front turn signal blinker works, inside dash panel blinker light going "fast" until you tap the breaks, slows the flashing down (due to increased resistance I believe). I think the "fast" flashing on the dash is due to lack of resistance.

After replacing the rear driver's side tail light assembly, the turn signal blinker does not work, but brakes, flashers, etc. all do work. Any ideas? I don't see a fuse in the manual for turn signals.

Thanks for the reply omar302. I noticed while shopping for a new one that the Edge "Sport" had a different tail light than other SE & SEL models. I specifically ordered the one for the Sport, doubled checked when ordering but don't know if they sent me the right one or not. They look very similar on the outside for sure. I'll take it off and check the part number on the one rec'd. The part matching system on ebay says it is compatible with the following:

This part is compatible with 1 vehicle(s) matching 2017 Ford Edge Sport Sport Utility 4-Door 2.7L 164Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged. (my car model)

Part & Fitment Details

Item Description: fits 2015 2016 2017 2018 Ford Edge Drive LH Left side Tail lamp light Titanium/Sport Model Outer (on Body) 

Position: Left Drive side LH

Manufacture Part Number: HT4Z13405B

Interchange Number: FO2800244

After checking other websites for the part for the Edge "Sport" the tail light assembly part number for the "Sport" has an "N" (FO2800244N), which the one above that says it fits does not. I'm wondering if ebay's part matching program is wrong in my case? It appears the correct part number is the one with the N at the end of the part number and the one without the N is a different part?

Edited by GregMag
posted without finishing the content editing

4 hours ago, GregMag said:

The part ordered on ebayhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/303519242602?ul_noapp=true

Condition: Brand New Aftermarket Replacement Part.

Personal preference, but I would go OEM for this type of thing.

Ford Parts sales sites indicate the part number you posted above has been superseded.

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/ford__/Tail-Light-Assembly/75138811/HT4Z13405G.html

• Like 2

I agree with @1004ron that these parts are better OEM. Check how the parking light illuminates at the back, is it the surrounding trim that would continue the light bar illumination? If yes, then that is the correct part for the Sport/Titanium. Maybe you just got a defective part. Not sure if the connector is the same, maybe try to connect it on the other side just to check the light function.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GregMag said:

Thanks for the reply omar302. I noticed while shopping for a new one that the Edge "Sport" had a different tail light than other SE & SEL models. I specifically ordered the one for the Sport, doubled checked when ordering but don't know if they sent me the right one or not. They look very similar on the outside for sure. I'll take it off and check the part number on the one rec'd. The part matching system on ebay says it is compatible with the following:

This part is compatible with 1 vehicle(s) matching 2017 Ford Edge Sport Sport Utility 4-Door 2.7L 164Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged. (my car model)

Part & Fitment Details

Item Description: fits 2015 2016 2017 2018 Ford Edge Drive LH Left side Tail lamp light Titanium/Sport Model Outer (on Body) 

Position: Left Drive side LH

Manufacture Part Number: HT4Z13405B

Interchange Number: FO2800244

The seller does that list when they create the item.  They could say it fits a Dodge in the list if they wanted to.  Always double check with OE Ford parts listings when getting something from Ebay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GregMag said:

Thanks for all the help everyone; greatly appreciated. I had no idea there was so much variation in a tail light part for a Ford Edge Sport 3 years old. For anyone else looking to solve the same issue, OEM appears to be the best way to go.

Another personal preference, I don't buy from an eBay seller that has a few as 6 reviews, been an eBay seller for a short time and return policies like this one.

Based in United States, excellence-autoparts has been an eBay member since Jan 22, 2020

Return Policy

We are committed to providing the best customer satisfaction possible. We will gladly refund or replace any defective item and most non-defective items. However, we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 10% of the order. Within 30 days of receipt of your order, you may return products that: Are in their original packaging Have original manufacturer information Are not used, installed, or disassembled Are not damaged due to incorrect installation Do not have missing parts, hardware or instructions.

Return shipping paid by: Buyer

• Like 2

Update: no issues returning the item to this seller. They paid the return shipping and fully refunded the purchase given it wasn't the right part as advertised. Excellent seller based on my experience with the tail light purchase/return.

• Like 2